Author Topic: With a little help...  (Read 5368 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: With a little help...
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2014, 02:28:19 PM »
Man, my Dad would not crack a window. It's no wonder I took up smoking at a young age.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2014, 02:34:44 PM »
Guess I should have been a little more specific, while air born particle or contaminants may contribute to lung cancer, you don't have to smoke, be exposed to, work in, be around, inhale, digest, coal, cigarettes, cigars, asbestos, particle board, sawdust, sheetrock, wood smoke, dust, and any number of things in the air to contract lung cancer.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2014, 02:54:15 PM »
^^^Nicely put. Also, not everyone that smokes or has been exposed to "substances that have been known to cause cancer." actually gets cancer.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2014, 04:19:40 PM »
True again.  My wife's grandfather lived into his 90s and smoked heavily.  He didn't die of lung cancer.  My mother smoked until she was about 70 and then stopped because she was having breathing difficulties.  She died at 79 but fought COPD and emphysema until she died at 79.  My father died at 45 from lung cancer.  He was a smoker.  I think that cigarettes had a factor in it but he could have been exposed to any number of things to cause it.  Could have been genetic as well, although his siblings all died in their 80s, all were smokers.  So I totally agree that it could be that it just happened but my bet is on smoking as a contributing factor.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.