Author Topic: Fear The Walking Dead  (Read 6081 times)

Offline timsatx

• Arena
Fear The Walking Dead
« on: March 30, 2015, 06:23:21 AM »
Cool, been waiting for this.

For years fans have wondered how the zombie apocalypse started on "The Walking Dead" series and in the long-running comic series. It looks like we may finally find out starting this summer.

The first short teaser trailer for "The Walking Dead" spinoff series, "Fear the Walking Dead," debuted during the season five finale of the AMC show.

The companion series, which will be set in Los Angeles, California, hints toward a flu-like virus that is going around.

"Fear the Walking Dead" will air on AMC late summer 2015.

http://www.businessinsider.com/fear-the-walking-dead-teaser-trailer-2015-3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unWdvWPmiPk

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Fear The Walking Dead
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 06:34:19 AM »
They ought to just let it die.  ::)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 06:52:24 AM »
I thought that they were all dead..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 06:54:15 AM »
I thought that they were all dead..

Like the acting and the plot?

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 10:27:32 AM »
Haters gonna hate.

Offline BMahar

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 11:36:46 AM »
   There's a book in the stores that's pretty good.
  It's written by Frank Ignani, called "Riding the Apocalypse".  You all just might like it.
  Brent   
2011 Concours ABS, Black

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 01:17:46 PM »
Haters gonna hate.
I find very little in this life worthy of my hate especially not make believe.

Offline Classvino

• Longtime Kawi Rider
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 01:38:55 PM »
I find very little in this life worthy of my hate especially not make believe.

..worthy of my hate...

I like that...  Sometimes some things are so mediocre, it's difficult to work up enough hate to take notice...

(not a comment on the TV series - I've never seen it.  Just a general comment...)

Jamie
2013 C14 - First "new" bike
1983 CB1100F, 1977 GS850, 1974 KH750 H2, 1974 KH500 H1, 1975 KH400 S3, 1979 RD 400 Daytona......

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 03:52:18 PM »
They ought to just let it die.  ::)

Yes those silly 15.8 million viewers of the finale must be crazy.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 05:28:31 PM »
Bunch of Lemmings...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 06:19:45 PM »
...soon to be dead lemmings.

Offline pb

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2015, 11:49:30 AM »
meh, I did not watch the 1st couple of seasons but have been following it somewhat since. Had got kinda slow there for a while. 

What want to know is why they never see bad weather. The tornado while the slept in a recent episode would have been more fun if it had dropped a few dead through roof. Instead of just waking up to find downed trees all around the barn.
   :-) how bout being chased by the horde while it is lightening and dropping golf ball hail...

I will probably give the new show a season and see how they handle it.  The issue I have is we already know what it leads to and
I get easily bored with prequels.

But we will see I suppose.

AND at least it ain't freakin -not so- reality tv crap. That has taken over so much....

Offline Two Skies

• Arena
  • Road? What road?!?
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2015, 01:25:47 PM »
Brought to you by the same network responsible for the remake of The Andromeda Strain...
 ::)

I've got glimpses of The Walking Dead in syndication.  Not really my thing, but I know a lot of people like that show.  I just haven't forgiven AMC for the Andromeda Strain remake.  The original was classic, the remake was just a waste of time IMHO.

So yeah, the prequel feels like milking the premise for all it's worth.  Gotta make money somehow, right?

But I'm not opinionated or anything...

Zooommmmmmbeeeeeeeeezzzzzz
 :yikes:

Also, shop smart.  Shop S-Mart!
2006 w/50,000+ miles and a few bruises.

MCL Fork Brace & Handlebar Risers.  Bergmen Quick Release Tank Kit, Pilot GT Front/Avon Venom Rear tire.  Trunk w/spoiler.  NGK DR8EIX plugs.  Piece of foam in airbox.  Beads on seat.  Bafflectomized.  Murphs Kneesavers & Fuse Block.  Cee Bailey Winscreen w/vent.  Heated grips.  'Custom' mirrors.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2015, 04:35:32 AM »
...soon to be UN-dead lemmings.

FIFY
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2015, 05:05:26 AM »

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2015, 05:19:30 AM »
Twits.

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2015, 06:30:08 AM »
Ever since Robert Kirkman’s zombie apocalypse comic became a TV series, AMC has garnered huge ratings and the type of fan appreciation other cable network shows are hungry for. The Walking Dead ended its 5th season on a pretty grand note. One of the biggest reveals of that evening’s episode though was the unveiling of a prequel to that main series – Fear The Walking Dead. Here’s what you need to know about this Walking Dead spinoff series, it’s confirmed characters and how it came to fruition.

1. Robert Kirkman Announced the Official Name of This Prequel Series on Twitter

The Walking Dead series creator Robert Kirkman took to Twitter to give fans a special treat – the official name for his creation’s spinoff TV series. Before it was known as Fear The Walking Dead, it was originally called “Cobalt.” In September of 2014, AMC ordered a pilot for this prequel TV series. The pilot episode was written by Kirkman himself, along with Dave Erickson. The directing duties for this pilot episode were handled by Adam Davidson.

So far, the entire series run has been confirmed to be handled by a mix of those same Hollywood personalities in other roles – Kirkman and Erickson will take the show’s reigns as executive producers next to Gale Anne Hurd and David Alpert. Erickson has been given the position of being Fear The Walking Dead’s main showrunner.

2. News About the Show’s Development Became Public in 2013

Before the show’s pilot was initially filmed, AMC told the world that they were in the process of developing a companion series for The Walking Dead. After the pilot episode was finalized, AMC made a major announcement about the series in March 2015 – the cable network has already ordered the series for two seasons.

The 1st season will air sometime in late Summer 2015, which will consist of six episodes. The 2nd season will air at an unspecified date in 2016. Once we have official word on the 1st episode airing of Fear The Walking Dead, we’ll make sure to let you all know.

3. The Main Setting of This Show Takes Place in Los Angeles

The main plot for Fear The Walking Dead takes place sometime near the dawn of the apocalyptic zombie outbreak. The main characters of this series are a male divorced teacher, a female guidance counselor and her son and daughter. The actors and actresses for this series is as follows:

– Cliff Curtis plays the role of Sean Cabrera, the male divorced teacher. He’s described as a good man who’s just trying to do right by everyone in his life. He co-parents his son with his ex-wife, Andrea

– Kim Dickens plays the role of Nancy Tomkins, the female guidance counselor who works as the same school as Sean Cabrera. Nancy is romantically connected to Cabrera as well

– Frank Dillane plays the role of Nick Tomkins, who is Nancy Tomkins’ son. Nick Tomkins has the tough task of dealing with a severe drug problem

– Alycia Debnam Carey plays the role of Nancy’s daughter Ashley. Ashley is described as the better half of Nancy’s children, since she has dreams of attending The University of California, Berkeley and leaving Los Angeles behind

The location of this show is set in Los Angeles, California. It will feature a completely original storyline that has no ties to the main comic book series, but it does take place in the same universe as the main television series.

4. Several Other Character Roles are Being Planned for the Show

The Hollywood Reporter managed to get some intel on the other characters being planned for Fear The Walking Dead:

– Cody: Sean’s son, who resents his father for splitting from his mother; he is described as the angriest kid in town

– Andrea: Sean’s ex-wife, who moved with Cody to the outskirts of L.A.; she is best described as a flower child

– Matt: Ashley’s jock boyfriend

– Art: The principal at the school where both Sean and Nancy work, who has concerns about the bizarre outbreak featured on the local news

– Tobias: A wise-beyond-his-years senior at the school who believes the outbreak is Doomsday

– Casper: Nick’s drug-dealing best friend

5. The 1st Trailer for the Series Has Already Been Released

Fans got to see a sneak peak of the series’ 1st episode in a official trailer that aired during the season five finale for The Walking Dead. A couple of clues could be caught in that 1st trailer – a radio announcer could be heard telling people to get their flu shots. Those flu shots of course could be tied to certain disease that’s ailing the people within five different states. You can check out the trailer for yourself in the link posted below.

http://heavy.com/entertainment/2015/03/fear-the-walking-dead-amc-spoilers-release-date-spinoff-series-trailer-cast/

So the thing that disappoints me is that it is only 6 episodes. I do like one of the main actors, Cliff Curtis.