Author Topic: Top ten banned toys.  (Read 6839 times)

Offline sherob

• Arena
Re: Top ten banned toys.
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2013, 03:42:26 PM »
Had to watch out for the blue lights on Wheeler and Hickam AFB... LOL!!!!
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline DeansZG

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2013, 03:55:39 PM »

Played w/ those lawn darts ( Jarts ) all the time growing up, especially during camping trips w/ the family & my cousins & their famlies......UNTIL....... us kids decided to play Jart dodge-em!  My cousin & I were tossing them to our younger siblings across a shallow dry creek bed......WHEN.... my younger brother didn't get out of the way fast enough.....AND IT LODGED IN HIS SIDE, under his arm!!   ::)   I was yelling for him to stop, so I could remove it....but NO....he ran right to our parents, w/ the jart still hanging from his side.

Didn't get to play w/ those jarts for a long, long time.....  Yes, he still has a scar about the size of a dime from it.... 44 yrs. later ;D
'99 C10 "MissTriss" *sold*
'04 ZZR1200 "Sweet heart" *sold*
'81 GL1100 Interstate "Puttz"*sold*
'00 K12LT..."Battleship Galactica".....

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2013, 04:05:17 PM »
Where the hell were you putting the quart bottles Jim? And how did you get an injury to your eye and your butt at the same time? I think we're going to need a picture of you before we can continue this discussion....

Brian

I laugh in your general direction at your gunpowder.  We used HCL, aluminum foil and glass quart bottles.  That lasted until I got a glass shard in the corner of my eye and second degree acid burns on my butt.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2013, 06:34:40 PM »
The bicycle still gets my vote for causing the most childhood injuries.  Every one I had did its best to try to kill me.
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline Stasch

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2013, 06:49:51 PM »
The bicycle still gets my vote for causing the most childhood injuries.  Every one I had did its best to try to kill me.

So of course, the next logical step was to move up to heavier, faster, motorized 2 wheelers!   :stirpot:
Stan Visser - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - > C10 STUFF FOR SALE - Parts List

He IS a racer, hence the forward lean!!  by: Mettler1

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2013, 07:48:12 PM »
Where the hell were you putting the quart bottles Jim? And how did you get an injury to your eye and your butt at the same time? I think we're going to need a picture of you before we can continue this discussion....

Brian

Carried the acid in my back pocket...it leaked.  The glass shard penetrated our bunker...made out of garbage cans.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2013, 05:27:25 AM »
Jr. High science club after school.

Access to the chemical storage area.  Elements are obtained, gunpowder is mixed.

A bottle is exploded using an electrical cord to detonate it.

It all fun and games until someone gets hurt . . . . .

Then it gets hilarious.

:thumbs:

Um, I may or may not have tested out one of my 'creations' on my neighbor's mailbox. I admit to nothing.   8) 
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2013, 05:46:51 AM »
What mailbox?

The most dangerous thing I played with as a kid was Magicians Flash Powder. All I can say is OMG! When you put a bunch of this in a 16 oz. soda bottle through a long speed wick in it, and then wrap it up with a half inch of duct tape, you have something wild. I placed the first one of these at the base of a 6-7' thick tree. When we lit it we ran fast. It took that tree down like it was nothing. It was dark out, the blast was so bright (like a flash from a camera) I can still see it like it happened yesterday. If we looked at it, we'd probably all be blind. Oh memories! The things you could buy from a liquidator. There were a couple more experiments, but this is all I'll say.
Joel from Maine.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2013, 05:56:31 AM »
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2013, 06:03:27 AM »
B.B. gun wars were the best! With the occasional Wrist-Rocket thrown into the mix.
Here is the crime scene. We had so much fun in these woods.
http://trails.org/our-trails/fore-river-sanctuary/
Joel from Maine.