Author Topic: Free beer! A shoutout to Blackrocks Brewing of Marquette, Michigan  (Read 1278 times)

Offline Conrad

We camped in Door County Wisconsin for a long weekend last weekend.

The town of Baileys Harbor (very close to the campground we were at) had a Beer Fest that weekend. Breweries from all over the country participated. For $45 you could get all the 3oz samples you were willing to wait in line for. I wasn't willing to wait in lines with a bunch of guys drinking beer though. There were plenty of breweries selling their wares outside of the sample tent.

The real fun was on Saturday night.

As it turned out the crew from Blackrocks Brewery had a school bus converted to an RV and they were staying in the same campground that we were at. The guys invited my wife and I, along with other campers, over to their campsite. One of the guys had a guitar and was singing, he was VERY good! I don't mean just average either, professional quality. He covered a lot of music but he didn't just sing and play the guitar, he also changed up the arrangements of these songs and made them his own.   :hail:

http://www.blackrocksbrewery.com/#first-pic

Now to the free beer! Being a brewery they had beer, a LOT of beer. The singer (I think that he may have been one of the owners of the brewery) was sitting on a HUGE cooler full of their beers. After he finished a song he would stand up and pass out beers. It didn't matter if you still had a beer in your hand, you got another one.  :)

We had a great time and they were a fine bunch of guys to hang out with. The master brewer was even there.

Here's my fav beer of that night.

Coconut Brown Ale.   http://www.blackrocksbrewery.com/coconut-brown

:chugbeer:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Free beer! A shoutout to Blackrocks Brewing of Marquette, Michigan
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 12:35:28 PM »
I like beer!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.