Author Topic: a little reminder  (Read 1310 times)

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
a little reminder
« on: August 27, 2012, 12:40:23 AM »
Most of us here are not riding his/her first bike, not even the only one in the stable, so I would dare to say we have survived this long by a mixture of luck, brains, skills and learning (experience and/or traning). Good thing.
But just like anybody, every now and then a reminder is good.
I was driving to work this morning and the traffic was very tight. Germans like driving bumper to bumper, even at 3 digits speeds. I was on a big city street (40 mph limit) on the right lane and a VFR750 in front of me, with a ER-5 in front of us. This Kawa then changed to the left lane and cut in front of the BMW (car) and behind a van. Said van then had to brake and the Kawasaki panicked and grabbed the front brake, and down it went. Fortunately, the BMW driver was already on the brakes and nothing further happened.
This all happened not 10 feet from me.
Lesson, as usual, comes down to 2 things:
- adjust the speed to conditions.
- keep distance (in all directions). The world is usually harder than our body parts.
I know this is not for the place for this subject but I'm not sure where to put it, and here it will get read more than elsewhere (at least I read here more often).
Drive safe.

On a side note, the driver of the ER5 turned up to be a very gorgeous young woman with Olivia Wilde eyes. If I didn't have such a nice girlfriend...  :banghead:
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
Re: a little reminder
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 04:04:56 AM »
Thanks for the reminder.

But .... where is the photo of the girl!!!!!!  ;D
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline Cheesecake

Re: a little reminder
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 10:16:11 PM »
Just curious, Martin, but I know nothing about driving in Europe. What do the police do in your country, when they catch you passing on the right?
2008 C-14