Author Topic: C14 Engine in a CAR!  (Read 7272 times)

Offline theMucker

C14 Engine in a CAR!
« on: April 06, 2014, 04:19:56 AM »
Hi Guys!
Let me introduce myself... I'm a rider since 1971. I've had more Kawasakis than other brands and currently have a 1700 Vulcan Voyager (next to my Yamaha Roadliner). Being a life time professional mechanic/machinist I can't leave anything stock. I've built many bikes for more power and speed. Even my big touring bike has had the engine out and apart.
NOW I'm doing something I've never done before. I've got a '08 C14 engine (thanks to eBay and Steeles Cycles in CO) and it's getting stuffed into a CAR. Not a big car... a 1972 Honda Z600 Coupe "micro-car". It's a 1200 pound car that had an air cooled, 2 cylinder, 600cc, 37 HP engine. So it's gonna be a bit faster when the project is done.
I chose the C14 engine  because it's a potent, big displacement, multi-cylinder beast. And the variable cam timing should boost mid-range over what the ZX14 has. That's useful when the engine is powering a vehicle heavier than a motorcycle.
I've already made modifications to the output bevel drive to run a drive shaft to the car's back wheels (it WAS front wheel drive) and now I'm fabricating the sub-frame that will hold the engine and front suspension.
But I've seen posts about using the ZX14's bigger injector bodies. More power is always a GOOD thing. Has anyone got dynamometer results showing what the bigger injectors give, over the stock engine? Does it result in a drop in torque?
What other mods to the engine (other than exhaust mods, which aren't relevant to my project) have you guys done to make more HP & torque? More compression? Cams? Cylinder head porting? Power Commander? I'd really appreciate HP & torque figures to go with those mods.
Thanks!

Offline Charlie747

Re: C14 Engine in a CAR!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 04:46:24 AM »
Wow not seen a Z600 for decades........................a mates parents had one in bright orange .................if I remember right it had a roof consul in the cabin for some switches and interior lights.......should be a hoot to drive once done....................some vt to keep you inspired  :chugbeer:

Smart Car with Hayabusa Turbo Engine! Smart Hayabusa Donuts and Burnout, Brutal Exhaust Sound!

Ferrari vs Smart car

Smart Car Vs Lamborghini

KawaSmart Smart mit 192 PS Kawasaki Motor

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 06:09:57 AM »
It's not a bike either, T....... :rotflmao:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 05:39:19 AM »
I drove a '72 in high school for a few months until I sold it.  It was painted a medium non-metalic blue color.  I think at the time it was considered the "world's smallest production car".  I came out of the mall a few times to find that a few "friends" had it turned sideways in a parking space and I couldn't get out until the person beside me came out and moved their car.  That was a fun little car.
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 08:36:43 AM »
 :popcorn:
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 08:39:16 AM »
Well ok then, I'm looking forward to seeing the results of this project. Lots of pics and video please.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 08:39:54 AM »
And welcome to the forum!

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 09:53:32 AM »
What exhaust will you use? This should be a good thread to follow.  :thumbs:

Offline MrPepsi