Author Topic: After market windshields  (Read 3226 times)

Offline Dan Forker

After market windshields
« on: February 14, 2013, 05:09:19 PM »

For those of you that have installed after market windshields, what have you installed and what's your opinion on how it performs. If you have tried more than one brand of shield, what is your preference and why. Curious minds want to know.(or another way to put it is, I'd like to avoid a mistake by profitting from yours)
Thanks,

Fork

Offline Broz

Re: After market windshields
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 05:45:39 PM »
Check out the sticky thread above.  "Try a windshield for free". It now or will in a few days have 5 shields from 4 different manufactures (one in 2 sizes).  Add your name to the list and you can try them all. All you have to do is pay to ship to the next guy on the list.   Pretty nice huh?
Semper Fi
Broz
2012 C-14.  Black

Offline Spanky

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 06:57:09 PM »
I have a Cee Bailey's Euro cut. The quality is very good and the wind flow is much smoother than the stock shield.

Offline wally_games

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 07:13:09 PM »
Dang, I may have to put my name back on the list again. There were only two shields when I tried them out.
'14 BMW 1200 GSw (red, what little there is that's not grey)
'11 Concours ABS (black) w/ Leo Vince carbon, heated Corbin, Garmin; TechSpec pads (gone but not forgotten)
'05 Yamaha FZ6, only crashed once, gone in trade; '87 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, sold; '85 Honda Magna (700), sold; '76 Kawasaki KZ400, sold

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 09:03:17 PM »
CB.  :thumbs:

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 03:29:09 AM »
You can find a lot of information here: http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=914.0
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline Cuda

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 03:31:57 AM »
With the C B windshield , they will sell you a extra small shield for $100. more .
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 05:31:22 AM »
Cee Bailys Ultra Tour for me. The ultimate for wind protection and long range touring comfort.

Offline jwolffie

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 11:00:35 PM »
Check out the sticky thread above.  "Try a windshield for free". It now or will in a few days have 5 shields from 4 different manufactures (one in 2 sizes).  Add your name to the list and you can try them all. All you have to do is pay to ship to the next guy on the list.   Pretty nice huh?

We now have 6 to try for just the cost of shipping it to the person after you on the list.
Black 2011
Full Delkevic no cat, Ivan's Flash, Projector headlights, Dunlop Q3+
Valentine 1 with JBV1 on phone

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2013, 07:39:16 AM »
We now have 6 to try for just the cost of shipping it to the person after you on the list.

And it will only take 6 weeks between each person....
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 07:49:28 AM »
Plenty of time between meteorite strikes...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.