Author Topic: Schuberth C3 XL/Black  (Read 2287 times)

Offline crashdb

• 2010 C14
Schuberth C3 XL/Black
« on: August 08, 2011, 04:06:43 PM »
As much as I hate to do this, I don't have much choice.  I dropped a lot of dimes on this helmet and after two rides I realized that it isn't for me.  It seems that the helmet is made for the round head and mine is football shaped.  I waited to long to make the decision on whether to return it and not it's too late.  If you're not in the know, it's a flip-up helmet with a slide down tinted shield.  It doesn't have the normal d-ring strap, but a quick-release strap that I really liked.  The venting seemed pretty decent--even on 100 degree, high-humidity days. The visor has a pin-lock secondary shield that's supposed to elminate fogging.  I never had the chance to try it.  Retail of the helmet is $700.  Mine is in good shape, has never been dropped and is kept clean.  There is a 3/4" scratch on the rear of the helmet, and that's all I can see.  I'll wash the liner and spray it with Febreeze.  I'm asking $500 plus whatever shipping is.  I just want the money to get the helmet I wanted originally.  Be sure and look at Schuberth's website for sizing.  Thanks.  Pictures to follow.
I feel like a new person!

Offline crashdb

• 2010 C14
Re: Schuberth C3 XL/Black
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 04:11:34 PM »
First pic.

Offline crashdb

• 2010 C14
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 04:12:10 PM »
Second.

Offline crashdb

• 2010 C14
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 04:12:54 PM »
Third.  The flash definitely made the scratch look worse than it is....

Offline crashdb

• 2010 C14
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 12:12:50 PM »
No one on this either?  This is THE helmet to have.  And you can have it for $200 less than new.  Bueller?

Offline crashdb

• 2010 C14
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 01:09:45 PM »
I'd be willing to work on price a little if someone is interested.....

Offline landofahhs

• Sometimes I sits and thinks, sometimes I jus' sits
    • Taylor Town
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 09:28:25 PM »
Wish I wore a XL....I'd take the C3 off your hands.  Unfortunately I wear a Large.  I already have a C3 Schuberth but mine is red.  I ordered it directly from a German dealer (FC Moto) for $619.  Best helmet I've ever worn.  Ventilation from the top and front of face is remarkable considering it is also the only helmet that I've worn that is quiet enough to also hear my mp3 player while riding.  Wore mine all last summer with temperatures above 100 degrees for over 60 days.

The C3 is also the most comfortable and aerodynamic helmet I've owned...makes it easy to turn your head at hiway speeds and not feel like you have a 100 pound weight tugging at your head.  Only tough part to get used to on this helmet is the strap system, but once you learn how to adjust it properly and wear the helmet at the correct angle it feels like part of your head rather than a helmet...and it is easily put on with or without gloves. 

Did I mention it's light weight?...This is a good deal.  I would love to have this black one as a spare...too bad it's not a large and something besides black, he, he.