Mish mash > Open Forum

Toll tag mounting

(1/7) > >>

wally_games:
Ok, guys. With all the toll roads going up in the DFW area and the fact that the airport is switching to toll tag pay, I picked up NTTA toll tags for my cars. Since they'll send you three tags on one account, I had one registered to my Connie.

How do most people mount their toll tags? They're supposed to be permanently mounted, but I don't see that being a very good option. I was thinking about putting it between two pieces of plastic and mounting it to a Ram Ball. That way I could take it off the bike when it's parked and not worry about it disappearing.

VirginiaJim:
I've got a ram mount for my EZPass.  Fits on the bars.

adrexco:
From what  I understand the best place to mount it is in the side case on the angled section facing forward and up. Use the Velcro to stick it on just like on a windshield. The plastic of the side case is easier to transmit through then a windshield. C14 riders who have done this report 100% success. Plus then it's protected from the elements and theft.

twowheeladdict:
The new Kawasaki Concours tank bag has a clear compartment for GPS, or transponders.  You might check Kawasaki's website and see if it is for you.  The best price I found was over at ronayers.com

Son of Pappy:
Back when WA State first started this they had a standard brick for everything.  Since then they have gone to a small, almost invisible sticker for the headlight.  I mounted the brick under the upper left fairing cover, worked good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version