Author Topic: On the 60th day I installed a heated Corbin and I am done for two months  (Read 16646 times)

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
Re: On the 52nd day the saddle bag guards showed up
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2012, 04:10:58 PM »
Look how tall this thing is all the way up.

I pulled in my driveway as I hit 500 miles. 100 more miles and she goes in for her first service.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2012, 04:32:30 PM »
 :yikes:

Damn man that looks huge all the way up! Shack could tuck in behind that screen...  ;D

Congrats on the 500 mile mark!  :chugbeer:

Son of Pappy

« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2012, 09:44:51 PM »
Good gawd almighty, 68??  Time for the stocker to be put on 8)

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
Re: On the 53rd day the saddle bag guards were installed.
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2012, 05:09:06 PM »
As some of you might have seen ZG and I got a little side tracked yesterday so I was unable to get my guards installed. Here is how she looks today though.

Techspec knee guards should be here tomorrow, and it looks like MCE is making great headway on my future Canyon Cages.

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: On the 53rd day the saddle bag guards were installed.
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2012, 05:22:52 PM »
As some of you might have seen ZG and I got a little side tracked yesterday so I was unable to get my guards installed. Here is how she looks today though.

Techspec knee guards should be here tomorrow, and it looks like MCE is making great headway on my future Canyon Cages.

Actually doesn't look too bad Gumbi, congrats bro!  :chugbeer:

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2012, 05:25:00 PM »
Good gawd almighty, 68??  Time for the stocker to be put on 8)

What are you talking about, it's always 68 degrees, dry, and sunny in the PNW Chet!  :nuts: :thumbs:

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
I installed the heated Corbin today.

And I will probably never ride without the bags again after installing the rear guards.

Offline jqram35

• 2012 C-14 Candy Arabian Red
Wish I had got the tinted shield! Looks way better. Maybe I can have my tint guy put some film on this one?
Jeff

Offline Conrad

Wish I had got the tinted shield! Looks way better. Maybe I can have my tint guy put some film on this one?

From what I understand, film and the stuff the shields are made from don't play nice together.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline jqram35

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Jeff

Offline Conrad

And I will probably never ride without the bags again after installing the rear guards.

I hear ya! When I took my bike to the dealer last week to have the TPMs replaced I took my bags off before I headed over. I was a lil embarrassed with those bars on the back.  :-[

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ZG

• Arena
From what I understand, film and the stuff the shields are made from don't play nice together.

Correct, tinted film will not work on plastic... I know first hand, check this thread below for more detail on that...

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=5296.msg68880#msg68880

Offline ZG

• Arena
I installed the heated Corbin today.

Looks sweet Gumbi, congrats bro!!  8)

Next up is black wheels for ya...  :stirpot:

Offline C14PAINKILLER

Those guards don't look so bad with the bags on, but off they are huge!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mine interferes a bit  for my passenger, will be remeding it shortly.

Sweet ride L'NL, if you need spare parts you know where ZG's bike is parked :o
2010 PAINKILLER BLUE   COG# 9405
Rides the metal monster, breathing smoke and fire

Offline Conrad

Those guards don't look so bad with the bags on, but off they are huge!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mine interferes a bit  for my passenger, will be remeding it shortly.

What do you plan on doing for the fix? I haven't had a chance to ride with a passenger since I installed mine. I'm planning ahead though.

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
What do you plan on doing for the fix?

Ya, what is your plan?   :popcorn: :popcorn:

Offline Ddfee

• Be the person your dog thinks you are
Great reading guys, but I agree all that farklin' and no custom seat, WTF. Lol. I got my bike last fall, bought and then resold a Corbin, to be replaced next weekend with a full on custom from Rich's seats in Kingston, Wa. I bought a Dale Walker slip on only to resell it and I now have a 2Bros black series slip on...tech spec knee pads, rigid industries dually 2's lighting, mce guards front and back, fenda extenda, throttle meister, cal sci large (the new wider version) windshield. My next project coming up quick is to install my aux fuel tank, then rad protector and maybe a j&m cb radio. My wife rides a st1300 and having the cb lets us argue in real time lol. ALso bought a Nelson riggs tail bag and some Hella bulbs.

On the west coast riding season  is here, albeit still cool.

Ride safe and enjoy.

Dave
2011 C14
2003 Honda GL 1800
2000 Honda Blackbird
IBA Member

Offline Conrad

First I gotta get my wife on the back and see if she has a problem with the rear bars.

Offline C14PAINKILLER

What do you plan on doing for the fix? I haven't had a chance to ride with a passenger since I installed mine. I'm planning ahead though.

I have a set of MFW Vario footpeg kit on order, pricey but they provide the greatest option for adjustability. 360 degree rotation and I went with the longest extension they had. Now if they would just get here! Probably held up at customs :banghead:
2010 PAINKILLER BLUE   COG# 9405
Rides the metal monster, breathing smoke and fire

Offline jqram35

I ordered more crap today.

Keyless gas cap
Fender eliminator.
Driving lights and brackets
Big foot for the kickstand
Realtime reflective stickers

Any I'm eyeballing a KN filter

::)