Author Topic: Trunk/Top Case  (Read 11358 times)

Offline twowheeladdict

Re: Trunk/Top Case
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2014, 05:18:22 PM »
I did the GIVI trunk with the clear lenses so it matches the bike.  I added the brake light and drilled Pete's rack to mount the connector.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2014, 08:34:50 AM »
I did the GIVI trunk with the clear lenses so it matches the bike.  I added the brake light and drilled Pete's rack to mount the connector.

I ordered the E55 with the lights. I ordered Phil's rack but realized it didn't have the contacts for the lights so I ordered the GIVI rack and was going to send Phil's back. I like the look of Phil's much better. How did you connect the lights? Was it easy? Also, is Phil's rack strong enough when riding 2 up? I have read somewhere here in the forum that if riding 2 up you want the GIVI rack because of the extra support. Is that true?
Mike
Ojai, CA
2016 Black Triumph Trophy SE

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2014, 08:54:45 AM »
Here is a video of the lights on my GIVI E 46, also I using the PHILS FARKELS rack,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECf8JfABp28

gildaguz, how did you connect the lights? I have ordered the E55 with the integrated lights and would like to use Phil's rack, if possible. Could you post some pics showing how you did it?
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2014, 09:00:01 AM »
E55, when second best won't do  ;D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline BMahar

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2014, 01:05:17 PM »
  You can see the extra support brackets that you get with the Givi set-up. Very strong.
2011 Concours ABS, Black

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2014, 01:57:56 PM »
  You can see the extra support brackets that you get with the Givi set-up. Very strong.

+1

I've had so much weight in mine I worried about the bike wheelie_ing hehehehe
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2014, 03:00:14 PM »
+1
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gildaguz

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2014, 05:52:39 PM »
gildaguz, how did you connect the lights? I have ordered the E55 with the integrated lights and would like to use Phil's rack, if possible. Could you post some pics showing how you did it?
Hi, I believe that my set up will not help you much because it does not have signal lights, it only have running and brake lights   and what I using is a LED strip feed by the HYPERLITES flashing module so I have to use only two wires  so I did run the wires at he bottom of the box and used a male two pin connector and run a female two pin connector  from the HYPERLITES, I using the Phil's rack too
hope you understand what i meant
Gilberto
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 06:31:38 PM by gildaguz »
2009 Non ABS Concours Black
2006 Honda VTX 1300 C candy Orange
2004 Honda Shadow  Sabre 750
1979 Suzuki 185 all terrain

Offline lonekazoo

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2014, 11:43:38 PM »
My wife has really been happy that I picked up a Corbin trunk.  It makes riding so much more enjoyable for her.  Now she's the one wanting to go on long trips.  I also like the fact that everyone says I'm now MUCH more visible at night, and this replaced a GIVI E46 w/ light kit.

I have some concerns with it, also:  I'm not sure about the long term durability of the finish.  There are a few spider cracks underneath that can't be easily be seen, but I'm going to leave it off the bike as much as possible when it's not needed to avoid more of them.  It's not hard to switch out, but definitely not something I'd want to do all the time;  and you won't be hauling it into the hotel room at night.  Also, I can feel the weight of it back there, even when empty.  Like other Corbin products I've seen, the design is an acquired taste, and you just have to get used to the fact that some of your buddies will make fun of it.  But then those same people will want you to carry stuff for them. 

(In the picture I've attached, you can see that it looks right at home with the back end of a Boxster; my brother had just changed his meds, and was feeling dizzy on the day of our last ride, and drove the cage.  Funny thing is, I have about as much cargo space as he does).

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2014, 08:14:36 PM »
Sorry for being so retarded but how do you remove the plastic rivets that hold the side panels on???? I'm in the process of trying to attache my GIVI rack for my new trunk and could use advise on removing those...anyone...please? :-[ :-[ :-[
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2014, 08:15:58 PM »
Sorry for the poor spelling...I need "advice" (and I know how to spell attach...really)!  :o :o :-[ :-[
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2014, 08:20:53 PM »
Just need advice on how to remove the rivets...thanks!
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2014, 08:34:50 PM »
Never mind...got it! I was asking because I didn't want to "hurt" anything but they're out so no need for advice!  ;)
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2014, 01:40:45 PM »
I ordered the E55 with the lights. I ordered Phil's rack but realized it didn't have the contacts for the lights so I ordered the GIVI rack and was going to send Phil's back. I like the look of Phil's much better. How did you connect the lights? Was it easy? Also, is Phil's rack strong enough when riding 2 up? I have read somewhere here in the forum that if riding 2 up you want the GIVI rack because of the extra support. Is that true?

I just drilled a hole in Phil's rack at the appropriate location to mount the contact for the light kit.  Phil's rack is plenty strong.  The Kawasaki arms on the other hand may be the weak point if your passenger is going to exert a lot of force on the trunk.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077