Author Topic: Can you see me now?  (Read 3053 times)

Offline Rexter

Can you see me now?
« on: October 29, 2016, 11:29:02 PM »
 If I get ran over from behind, it's prolly cause they were blinded by the light.

Offline O.C.

Re: Can you see me now?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 04:48:22 AM »
yep, that works  8)   
CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 06:28:45 AM »
Damn, thems loud.

Offline jonathan

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 09:44:52 AM »
Are those brakes or running lights?

Offline Rexter

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 12:08:17 PM »
Brake/turn. In the pic, the stock brake light is on, too. These are that much brighter. My wife says they are obnoxious ;D

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2016, 01:11:31 PM »
Brake/turn. In the pic, the stock brake light is on, too. These are that much brighter. My wife says they are obnoxious ;D

Excellent! People notice obnoxious. Way less chance of getting flattened from behind with the inevitable words: "I didn't see you..."

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2016, 04:02:47 PM »

Whew, glad they aren't running lights- that could have safety implications.

Obnoxious is OK to a point.  For example, I think it is a HORRIBLE mod to have flashing brake lights that don't stop (especially if also bright).  Blink a few times and then go solid; the better systems even monitor how long it has been since the last brake application and will suppress blinking for 30 seconds or something for new brake applications.  Sitting at night at a long light on a hill with endless, bright, flashing brake lights in someone's face is just rude, yo!

(Oh, and yes, in such a situation as above, not on a hill, if I saw a new car coming up to stop behind me, I will often flash the brake lights for a moment to make sure I am seen and don't blend into the car ahead of me.... it pays to pay attention and assume people can't see me).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2016, 04:47:24 PM »
So what kind of lights are they? How do they mount?
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline Rexter

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2016, 07:22:16 PM »
They are mounted on a hand cut flat bracket....picture a Mickey Mouse cap.

Parts list:

Whelen Lin3 in red - $55 each
IJDMTOY 50w 6-ohm resistors - $7 for 2 pcs
Curt 58240 tail light converter -$10

Currently, I have the Whelen lights wired to the oem turn signals and brake light.  The Whelens work with the oem brake and signals.
The converter takes left signal, right signal, brake inputs and has left turn/brake and right turn/brake outputs. The oem signals and Whelens are wired to the outputs. The resistors y off after the converter and go to ground to attain proper flash rate.

Next week I am going to rewire and change the oem signals to red running lights. To do this I will wire the converter outputs to the Whelens only. I will wire the oem signals to the tail light. I have ordered red LED bulbs for this. If you wire it this way you need

1156 BAU15S 7507 LED bulb in red... $4 for 2 bulbs

Total cost after all parts from Amazon is $131.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 09:07:02 PM by Rexter »

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2016, 09:05:19 PM »
Whelen Lin3 in red

Whelen is good stuff
So is Admore
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc