Author Topic: Flies out and loving it  (Read 15711 times)

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
Re: Flies out and loving it
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2011, 02:04:08 PM »
If an ECU remap or PCV wasn't necessary, then I would probably do it. But I don't like adding anymore electronic gizmos to a bike that already is loaded, one less thing I need to worry about or troubleshoot.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2011, 03:08:54 PM »
Smart man....
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline metzgerf16

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2011, 05:56:59 PM »
If an ECU remap or PCV wasn't necessary, then I would probably do it. But I don't like adding anymore electronic gizmos to a bike that already is loaded, one less thing I need to worry about or troubleshoot.

It's really a pretty simple mod.  The PCV came with the map already loaded on it.  Installation is a snap.  You literally peel and stick velcro to the surface of what you want to mount your PCV to, peel and stick the opposite piece of velcro to the PCV, route the wire harness to your liking, unplug the wire harness just aft of the throttle bodies, plug in the PCV harness, and then put the fairing back on and enjoy the ride.  Should the PCV fail or cause a problem, you can just unplug it and reconnect the factory harness.  The only way the PC would get complicated is if you decided to recalibrate any part of it or adjust something.  I too thought it might add complexity to the bike and/or require adjustments, but no...its plug and play, assuming you ordered it with a map already loaded.
"You serious, Clark?"
'09 Red Concours- Sargent seat, Area-P exhaust, BMC filter, PC-V, flies out, PR2's, Murph's risers
'06 Ninja zx10r- Dear tiny baby Jesus, it's fast!