Author Topic: What level of protection in riding boots?  (Read 23952 times)

Online PH14

Re: What level of protection in riding boots?
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2015, 02:26:26 PM »
TCX X-Five for me...love them!

Yeah, I love the X-Fives, but I still have a sizing issue. I got size 42 after the Explorer in size 43 was too big. I usually wear anything form 8 1/2 to 9 1/2 depending on the shoe. The 42 still seems a bit big on the left foot but the right one is fine. I should have sent these back and tried a 41 but by the time I realized it, I had already ridden with them. They seemed fine but my left foot has a bit of room to slide in them a bit when I shift. My right foot always fits tighter than the left. I do want to be able to wear thicker socks or my silk liners with another pair of socks so I did't want them too tight. I hate tight shoes or boots.

I may order a pair in 41 and try them, and if they are a lot better I'll sell these. I may try a gel sole in these. Overall I love them.

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2015, 02:34:15 PM »
Yeah, I love the X-Fives, but I still have a sizing issue. I got size 42 after the Explorer in size 43 was too big. I usually wear anything form 8 1/2 to 9 1/2 depending on the shoe. The 42 still seems a bit big on the left foot but the right one is fine. I should have sent these back and tried a 41 but by the time I realized it, I had already ridden with them. They seemed fine but my left foot has a bit of room to slide in them a bit when I shift. My right foot always fits tighter than the left. I do want to be able to wear thicker socks or my silk liners with another pair of socks so I did't want them too tight. I hate tight shoes or boots.

I may order a pair in 41 and try them, and if they are a lot better I'll sell these. I may try a gel sole in these. Overall I love them.

Mine are great! Had the Tourmaster boots before the X-Five but the X-Five are much better. I wear a size 13 shoe and ended up with the 46's in the X-Five and they fit great, really comfortable!
Mike
Ojai, CA
2016 Black Triumph Trophy SE

Online PH14

« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2015, 03:41:52 PM »
Mine are great! Had the Tourmaster boots before the X-Five but the X-Five are much better. I wear a size 13 shoe and ended up with the 46's in the X-Five and they fit great, really comfortable!

That sounds about right. According to their size chart, a 13 would be a 48, so you went down two sizes. That's what I should have done. I do have issues with my right foot since it always fits tighter across the top than my left does, so I want it to be comfortable. The do feel very nice though and they are well made boots.