Author Topic: Bifocal sunglasses  (Read 23772 times)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: Bifocal sunglasses
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2015, 03:40:42 PM »
Got a retractable shade in my last helmet, I will never own another helmet without one. Interstate travel, into the setting sun, across the desert, for several hours at a time, that retractable shield is priceless.

Actually I've been meaning to try putting a strip of electrical tape on the top of the retractable sun shade for riding into a setting or rising sun. I keep forgetting until the next time I find myself dipping my head to hide a low sun. Then I remember but soon forget.

jirod

« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2015, 03:52:53 PM »
Actually I've been meaning to try putting a strip of electrical tape on the top of the retractable sun shade for riding into a setting or rising sun. I keep forgetting until the next time I find myself dipping my head to hide a low sun. Then I remember but soon forget.
I use window 'tinting' film. Home Depot. I bought the vinyl type that sticks by itself, removes without residue. One roll for $6. I use it on the inside of the visors including the tinted one. Works well. Stays in place.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2015, 03:58:22 PM »
I use window 'tinting' film. Home Depot. I bought the vinyl type that sticks by itself, removes without residue. One roll for $6. I use it on the inside of the visors including the tinted one. Works well. Stays in place.

Excellent idea! I'll give it a try... that is if I can remember.

jirod

« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2015, 08:11:55 PM »
Excellent idea! I'll give it a try... that is if I can remember.
Just place a strip of the film above or below the line of sight. Don't try to look through it. It is not optically flat.

Offline PH14

« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2015, 08:16:54 PM »
You're laughing and toasting Brian, but you really don't know which one he's referring to... ::) ;)

I had a pretty good idea.  :cannon:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2015, 04:01:00 AM »
 ;D
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline PH14

« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2015, 09:29:49 AM »

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS

Offline PH14

« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2015, 01:27:23 PM »
I can only add......OOOHHH Yeaaaahhh

Okay, that seriously made me laugh out loud.  :rotflmao:

And I had never seen that clip before. I guess an audience member posted that. Here is the full video he posted on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GukKNrUuCDQ These people were a lot of fun on stage.

Offline clogan

« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2015, 07:52:50 PM »
Wal-Mart has bi-focal sunglasses; I bought a pair today: $9.88.
They had various frame types, and assorted diopters from 1.00 all the way up to 2.50, which is what I got. Took a ride with them later, and am very happy. Good optics, frame size fits easily inside my full face helmet. I may buy a second pair to leave in the car.
2010 Neptune blue C14
2009 blue KLR
2013 DRZ400

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2015, 07:59:54 PM »
Wal-Mart has bi-focal sunglasses; I bought a pair today: $9.88.
They had various frame types, and assorted diopters from 1.00 all the way up to 2.50, which is what I got. Took a ride with them later, and am very happy. Good optics, frame size fits easily inside my full face helmet. I may buy a second pair to leave in the car.

That is a good deal.  I was at Bass Pro Shop (Hampton) last weekend and asked and they had some pretty good quality curved, polarized, bifocals for $98.  But they were also only available in half diopters (not quarter) from 1 to 3 and only available in one style, plastic only, and two colors.

I just had my 2yr eye exam on Thursday.  My distance vision and astigmatism have not changed.  But my near vision is now two quarter powers worse (+0.50 more)  :(    I went full-blown on my metal Ranbans, ordered replacement lenses- curved, polycarbonate, anti-scratch, anti-glare, polarized, bifocals, prescription.... $270 for just the lenses (ouch).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2015, 09:24:38 PM »
My 10 yo Ray Bans are about hosed. Love Ray Bans, hate spending the $
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2015, 03:54:12 AM »
+1
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.