Author Topic: Help me with my "fire in my pants" issue  (Read 23349 times)

Offline PlaynInPeoria

Help me with my "fire in my pants" issue
« on: June 10, 2013, 11:23:06 AM »
The bike is a 2012 C14.   I have no idea how to state this other than just saying it outright.  The underside of my "boys" feels like it sets on fire after a while.  I have always sat fairly far forward on almost all my bikes.  I can't see changing my riding position, it's just the way I ride and I always go right back there.

Stock seat basically set the underside of my balls on fire on my trip to Texas.  Sorry, I can't think of a better way to put that, that's where the pain is.  Bought a Sargent seat (standard, not low), took a trip to Iowa this weekend. Took the long way home, my God, I was really suffering, which I find frustrating because I just spent $450 on that sucker.  It's a nice seat but has the same problem.  It's now for sale in the for sale section, btw, pretty good price.  It's about a week old and nearly $100 off.

I tried some LD rider shorts, OMG they burned.   So now I will try some Gold Bond Medicated powder to avoid the sweat? Maybe just baby powder, the Gold Bond has menthol in it and feels cool but not sure if that's good. I got the extra strength and a heavy application of that caused a heat issue just standing there, let alone riding on a bike for hours.

My FZ1 doesn't do that (or not bad enough to where it's torture), my C10 didn't do that either.  This sucks!  I love to ride long distances, we are going to Arkansas leaving Wednesday at noon, will return Sunday and I am taking the FZ1.  I will prolly just go by some baby powder and apply that liberally and pray it helps.  It's gonna be pretty hot too and I will prolly be wearing my vented leather pants, which won't make for a cool scrotal area but I feel like it's important to be protected. '

Sorry for the overly accurate description!
2012 "root beer" C14 - unlinked brakes, reflash, LED headlights, Walmart orange city lights, LOUD horn, Laam seat, radar detector for ahem, reasons.
2013 Aprilia Tuono, 2009 CRF-150F

Offline Conrad

Re: Help me with my "fire in my pants" issue
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 11:32:18 AM »
Gettcha something like this stuff and stick it underneath (the seat, not your balls. although you could do both...).     ;)

http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/DEI-ReflectACool-12-x-24

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline PlaynInPeoria

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 11:33:57 AM »
You think heat from the bike is causing it?  Is it really that hot on the seat?  Never noticed it.
2012 "root beer" C14 - unlinked brakes, reflash, LED headlights, Walmart orange city lights, LOUD horn, Laam seat, radar detector for ahem, reasons.

Offline OregonLAN

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 11:34:18 AM »
You might try some risers so that you're riding position is less aggressive/forward. Then, use your thighs to grip the tank during deceleration/braking. Otherwise, buy a different seat; maybe a Daylong or Baldwin...

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 11:37:16 AM »
Sheepskin

Offline Spanky

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 11:39:00 AM »
Airhawk R.

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 11:46:38 AM »
Do a Seth Laam seat and buy some asbestos skivvies.

Offline basmntdweller

• The Profile Brotherhood
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 11:57:12 AM »
Monkey butt powder. A couple buddies swear by it. I've never tried it as LD rides kill my back.  :(

Matt
'09 C14
'98 DR-350
'11 Suzuki C50T wife's ride since she hates my Connie
'03 Honda CBR600RR track bike

Offline Conrad

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 12:11:20 PM »
You think heat from the bike is causing it?  Is it really that hot on the seat?  Never noticed it.

It's either the bike or your balls right? If it's your balls, were done talking.    :rotflmao:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 12:29:03 PM »
I dated a red head back in the day...  :-\

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2013, 01:49:02 PM »

It's probably not helping, although I have an 08 and don't have that issue.  I have the heat shielding under the seat and I have used foam under the seat to block the heat from getting to the under seat area.  I also wear vented overpants.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline PH14

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2013, 03:28:53 PM »
I have had the same problem. I have the Sargent as well and it is extremely comfortable for me, with the exception of the heat. I also have the Corbin, bought to help combat the heat issue. It is much more firm and covered in leather, so the heat issue isn't as bad, of course the shape of the seat leaves a bit to be desired. The seat is designed for those who weigh a bit more than me, to put it nicely. If you do not have extra padding, the seating position is a bit too far back, and the front hump is too pronounced. Still, I am learning to like it. My wife prefers the Corbin for its position for her.

I can do 800+ days on either the Sargent or Corbin. I did a 1200 mile day on the Sargent. If the Sargent was leather and a tad more firm, it would be great. If the Corbin didn't have the hump from hell, and had the good people at Corbin actually do what I asked, and what they said they would do when they made the seat,  not make the seating position so far back, it would be perfect.

The Corbin is getting better, after 5,000 miles, but I wish they would have listened in the first place. Some have done a humpectomy with good results.

Overall the heat issue is cause by the foam conforming to your body a bit too closely preventing air from circulating. The leather helps, as does the firmer seat. I had a Sargent on my RC51 and I didn't have the issue, of course it was a very thin seat by comparison, so you couldn't sink in far.

Good luck. If you can have the Sargent recovered in leather it may help.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2013, 04:49:08 PM »
The bike is a 2012 C14.   I have no idea how to state this other than just saying it outright.  The underside of my "boys" feels like it sets on fire after a while.  I have always sat fairly far forward on almost all my bikes.  I can't see changing my riding position, it's just the way I ride and I always go right back there.  Stock seat basically set the underside of my balls on fire on my trip to Texas.  Sorry, I can't think of a better way to put that, that's where the pain is.  Bought a Sargent seat (standard, not low), took a trip to Iowa this weekend.

The 2nd gen C14 like you (and I) have doesn't really make the seat that hot.  And I have a Sargent [low] seat- they are not any hotter than stock (or probably any other seat).  Also never had that problem on any of my other bikes.  Sounds like you need to get underwear with reasonable support maybe??  Otherwise, there are plenty of seat topper options as listed above.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline thundermax

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2013, 08:10:18 PM »
The snake skin Tech Spec tank guards would definately help you. The side pieces allow you to grab with the insides of your legs and this prevents jamming up to the gas tank. I swear by them for letting me control my seat position. The rubber of the snake skin really grabs and holds onto your pants.

Next get bar risers and wedges or Heli Horizon bars.
Riding 46 years. In order, 1958 Cushman 721 Highlander, 1960 Cushman Super Eagle, 1971 Honda SL 100, 1974 Yamaha RD 350, 1975 Honda 750 Four, 1971 Honda SL 175, 1998 Yamaha Vmax, 2005 Yamaha Vmax, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2012 Kawasaki Concours Arabian Red.

Offline wally_games

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2013, 08:57:23 PM »
Are you "vertically challenged"? That may cause you to be too far forward and too much forward lean, thus crushing the jewels.
'14 BMW 1200 GSw (red, what little there is that's not grey)
'11 Concours ABS (black) w/ Leo Vince carbon, heated Corbin, Garmin; TechSpec pads (gone but not forgotten)
'05 Yamaha FZ6, only crashed once, gone in trade; '87 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, sold; '85 Honda Magna (700), sold; '76 Kawasaki KZ400, sold

Offline PlaynInPeoria

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2013, 09:00:23 PM »
I have bar risers and I LIKE sitting forward, it's the most natural position for me, I don't like leaning over.  I bought the silver heat stuff and some Gold Bond medicated powder, the non extra strength kind. I am going to Arkansas for 5 days with friends, I will be wearing vented leather pants (and vented nylon jacket, gonna be warm) but will be on the FZ1, so the leathers will be warm, but the seat is better.  I plan on using a LOT of the powder stuff, we'll see. I will report on my crotch state at the earliest convenience.   Arkansas and southern Missouri are awesome for sport riding, by the way. 

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/Routes/Arkansas_79.html

Here's my favorite road in the world, County Road K between Annapolis and Ellington MO, it's in southern Missouri, it's awesome, it just flows, endless up and down and left and right, corners labeled from 50 mph to 20, just as good as it gets. I have ridden with a decent pack of friends (maybe 6) and when we get done, we just laugh at loud at the joy that road brings us.

Offline PlaynInPeoria

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2013, 09:01:55 PM »
Are you "vertically challenged"? That may cause you to be too far forward and too much forward lean, thus crushing the jewels.

I'm average, 5'10, 195 and fit.   

Offline wally_games

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2013, 09:13:22 PM »
I have bar risers and I LIKE sitting forward, it's the most natural position for me, I don't like leaning over.  I bought the silver heat stuff and some Gold Bond medicated powder, the non extra strength kind. I am going to Arkansas for 5 days with friends, I will be wearing vented leather pants (and vented nylon jacket, gonna be warm) but will be on the FZ1, so the leathers will be warm, but the seat is better.  I plan on using a LOT of the powder stuff, we'll see. I will report on my crotch state at the earliest convenience.   Arkansas and southern Missouri are awesome for sport riding, by the way. 

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/Routes/Arkansas_79.html

Here's my favorite road in the world, County Road K between Annapolis and Ellington MO, it's in southern Missouri, it's awesome, it just flows, endless up and down and left and right, corners labeled from 50 mph to 20, just as good as it gets. I have ridden with a decent pack of friends (maybe 6) and when we get done, we just laugh at loud at the joy that road brings us.

I'm in love with Push Mountain Rd in north-central Arkansas (south of Mountain Home). From near Norfolk south to near Big Flat. I think it's officially State Hwy 341.
'14 BMW 1200 GSw (red, what little there is that's not grey)
'11 Concours ABS (black) w/ Leo Vince carbon, heated Corbin, Garmin; TechSpec pads (gone but not forgotten)
'05 Yamaha FZ6, only crashed once, gone in trade; '87 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, sold; '85 Honda Magna (700), sold; '76 Kawasaki KZ400, sold

Offline PlaynInPeoria

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2013, 09:26:22 PM »
We're riding Push Mountain south from Norfork to 14, then taking 123 (the crooked and steep part) and staying in Yellville. Then the next day (my birthday, what a present) we're riding it the other way.

Me - 2005 FZ1
Jim - Ducati Streetfighter
Jeff - HD XR1200
Jake  - Vstrom 1000
Paul - Guzzi California
Steve - CBR600

Yeah, that's some variety.   And the guy with the Duc is no slouch, let me tell you.  That thing is FAST, holy smokes.

Offline MGvaleri

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2013, 01:22:31 AM »
Remove Silhouettes of neoprene that wrap around the side of the radiator, do not travel with little fuel in the tank

MG valerio ;)
Centauro ancora a  60 anni,..che non finisca mai!!!