Author Topic: Progression pic thread...  (Read 23312 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
Progression pic thread...
« on: September 02, 2012, 09:37:54 PM »
Here's mine, 2 years of progression, from day 1 brand new to current...

Muzzys slip-on and rear fender eliminator

Sargent seat

Corbin seat, Top Block sliders, Heli risers, Targa tank bra, Phils rack

Powder coated wheels black

Full Muzzys dual system, low profile smoke tint blinkers

Corbin smuggler

2012 passenger grab rails, CeeBaileys dark tint windscreen

Smoke color braided lines with black banjo's, Tech Spec, Precision Engineering multi-adjustable bars

Full Ohlins front & rear, black powder coat (sliders, swing arm, rearsets, etc)

How about anyone else, any progression pics of your C14's??
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 08:00:41 PM by ZG »

Offline Conrad

Re: Progression pic thread...
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 07:57:12 AM »
Oh goodie, more pics of J's bike.    ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 08:09:35 AM »
All I see is black...  Which one is the starting one and which one is the ending one?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 08:16:41 AM »
I don't like those spots of silver showing all over the bike. You would think someone would do something about that.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 09:07:36 AM »
I wouldn't.  It's the only thing helping the bike's performance.

In all seriousness, the bike does look smashing!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 09:30:56 AM »

:rotflmao:   Sorry C, I was bored last night and going through old shots...  :-[

All I see is black...  Which one is the starting one and which one is the ending one?

I agree, some of the changes are subtle, like the black hand rails, but as a whole really changed the look of the bike IMO...

I don't like those spots of silver showing all over the bike. You would think someone would do something about that.

Are you talking about the bolt heads GP? I kinda like the way they break it up a little but I'm still undecided on going to a full black bolt set or black bolt head caps or something...  :-\

In all seriousness, the bike does look smashing!

Thanks Sparky!  :) :grouphug: :chugbeer:

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 09:54:22 AM »
Just joking Jay. They do give contrast to the black. Gold highlights would look awesome with the Olin's. ProBolt might have what you would need to do it. The branding in gold would look good also.
I love spending other peoples money. :)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 10:13:39 AM »

Fun fun.    Personally, I can't see any bike, just a black zone in the photos :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2012, 11:19:17 AM »
I don't have any progressive pics, but looking at these I've noticed something about the bars.
In pic one we see the bars stock, then in 3 we see the risers installed, then in 8 we see the adjustable
black bars. I may be seeing things wrong, but the difference between 1 and 8 seems quite minor (referring to bar position
not the amount of blackness  ;D). They seem about the same height or lower and maybe only a half inch further back.
Was it worth the expense for that half inch? 

Oh and refresh my memory, in the day one Brand new picture, did you have the bazooka replaced
before delivery?

:rotflmao:  ZG's camera will wear out much sooner than his C14.  ;)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 12:00:51 PM »
Ok, I just added some text to each of the pics to help point out what changed along the way...

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 12:05:41 PM »
I don't have any progressive pics, but looking at these I've noticed something about the bars.
In pic one we see the bars stock, then in 3 we see the risers installed, then in 8 we see the adjustable
black bars. I may be seeing things wrong, but the difference between 1 and 8 seems quite minor (referring to bar position
not the amount of blackness  ;D ). They seem about the same height or lower and maybe only a half inch further back.
Was it worth the expense for that half inch? 

Oh and refresh my memory, in the day one Brand new picture, did you have the bazooka replaced
before delivery?
 :rotflmao:  ZG's camera will wear out much sooner than his C14.  ;)

;D

Yes FM, I had the Muzzys slip-on and rear fender eliminator put on at the shop before even riding it home, I knew right away I could never get past the looks of the oem rear fender and massive potato launcher.  8)

As for the bars, yes they are in a much different possition now with the PE bars, I think what you're seeing is just different angled pics and also in pic one the bars are slightly turned (notice the front wheel direction)...

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2012, 12:20:47 PM »
[quote :rotflmao:  ZG's camera will wear out much sooner than his C14.  ;)
[/quote]

:goodpost:

Offline luther163

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2012, 01:23:23 AM »
Very good, ZG, you changed a lot, i do believe that you love the bike. Goooood

Offline Kinetic1

• I really do have the best wife EVER! 2013 Tuono
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2012, 04:15:56 AM »
She turned out great Jay. Just beautiful. You should send it to me to ride and I'll send you mine to farkle.....deal? :D
No, really, she is the best and I can prove it...

Connie has been sold. Replaced with 2013 Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2012, 03:29:28 PM »
Very good, ZG, you changed a lot, i do believe that you love the bike. Goooood

She turned out great Jay. Just beautiful. You should send it to me to ride and I'll send you mine to farkle.....deal? :D

Thanks brutha's!  :chugbeer:

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2012, 03:52:13 PM »
Methinks mesees a trend here- it is like those number progression sequences from the fourth grade, right? What will the next picture look like? This is my guess....

Keep scrolling....

Scroll some more (it will be worth it, really)....

TADA!

<ROFLMFO> (roll on the floor laughing my fob off)

Brian

Here's mine, 2 years of progression, from day 1 brand new to current...

Muzzys slip-on and rear fender eliminator

Sargent seat

Corbin seat, Top Block sliders, Heli risers, Targa tank bra, Phils rack

Powder coated wheels black

Full Muzzys dual system, low profile smoke tint blinkers

Corbin smuggler

2012 passenger grab rails, CeeBaileys dark tint windscreen

Smoke color braided lines with black banjo's, Tech Spec, Precision Engineering multi-adjustable bars

Full Ohlins front & rear, black powder coat (sliders, swing arm, rearsets, etc)

How about anyone else, any progression pics of your C14's??

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2012, 03:57:11 PM »
TADA!

:rotflmao:   :thumbs: :thumbs:   :hail:   Now that's nice Brian!! :chugbeer:

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2012, 04:05:42 PM »
You are only saying that because you did not see the white pixel near the middle.

;D

But seriously, did you ever think of blacking out the ABS sensors and <perhaps> the rotors? The ABS sensors would be easy enough (paint, powder coating, whatever you wanted) but the rotors would prove tougher. Carbon fiber rotors would do the trick but I don't know if any are available and even if they were, most likely for the ZX 14 if at all, they are going to be pricey. You have to admit that those are the last obvious silver parts that are really noticeable on the bike, at least from the side.

I think I am going to black out my headlight housing when I install projectors. Not all that much area but removing all the shiny chrome will have a very noticeable effect, at least I think so. Then again I am thinking of installing a third headlight like that short person in the movie Total Recall. :-)  There is room in there for an additional projector but I do not really want the extra current draw on the alternator. Then again, I only ride long distances at high speeds at night when I am alone so the alternator could handle the lights and all of my heated clothing…. Hmmmm.

Brian

:rotflmao:   :thumbs: :thumbs:   :hail:   Now that's nice Brian!! :chugbeer:
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2012, 04:45:34 PM »
You are only saying that because you did not see the white pixel near the middle.

;D

But seriously, did you ever think of blacking out the ABS sensors and <perhaps> the rotors? The ABS sensors would be easy enough (paint, powder coating, whatever you wanted) but the rotors would prove tougher. Carbon fiber rotors would do the trick but I don't know if any are available and even if they were, most likely for the ZX 14 if at all, they are going to be pricey. You have to admit that those are the last obvious silver parts that are really noticeable on the bike, at least from the side.

I think I am going to black out my headlight housing when I install projectors. Not all that much area but removing all the shiny chrome will have a very noticeable effect, at least I think so. Then again I am thinking of installing a third headlight like that short person in the movie Total Recall. :-)  There is room in there for an additional projector but I do not really want the extra current draw on the alternator. Then again, I only ride long distances at high speeds at night when I am alone so the alternator could handle the lights and all of my heated clothing…. Hmmmm.

Brian

Hmmm... carbon fiber rotors eh, I like how you think!  :thumbs: 8)

Have you seen the newly released Total Recall yet? The 3 headlight girl in it is better looking than in the prior Arnold one...  :P

Offline SANDPSYCHO

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2012, 08:43:12 PM »
If you could have the raised Kawasaki letters on the fairing smoked out, not the same black as the fairing, but blacked out, that would look really cool.