Author Topic: Random nonsense  (Read 25541 times)

Offline Big Red

• Arena
Re: Random nonsense
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2023, 01:54:22 PM »
Haven't been around much due to my other projects. Currently trying to get my drag car ready for the Duct Tape Drags coming up soon. '78 Camaro sh!tbox.
2010 C14, Shoodaben Engineering MRP Flash, Delkevic slip-on, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, highway pegs, tail tidy, AST peg lowering brackets, LED switchbacks all the way around, Bright2Wheels tail light, StompGrips, custom seat, 2015 C14 vented and blacked out windshield, Dunlop RS3s, and a Fat Ninja hat.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2023, 03:34:21 AM »
Won Powerball again.  Not as lucky as the last draw.  Won $8 this time.  Won $16 the last time.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline DC Concours

• Arena
  • 2001 Concours, ~35K miles
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2023, 09:43:23 AM »
All these weeks. I won nada. Someone in CA won the $1 billion.

I won't start playing the mega millions until it hits $900 Million.

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2023, 10:03:50 AM »
Someone won powerball. I'll have to get a mega millions ticket when I'm doing errands.
2010 C14, Shoodaben Engineering MRP Flash, Delkevic slip-on, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, highway pegs, tail tidy, AST peg lowering brackets, LED switchbacks all the way around, Bright2Wheels tail light, StompGrips, custom seat, 2015 C14 vented and blacked out windshield, Dunlop RS3s, and a Fat Ninja hat.

Offline DC Concours

• Arena
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2023, 10:15:41 AM »
Yup. Some lucky bastard in L.A. won it.

Mega Millions is at $720 million. Good luck.

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2023, 01:55:11 PM »

We have no luck in those huge jackpot lotteries.  The odds are tremendously against you.  We have much better luck playing the smaller lottery games like Keno when at the local restaurant/pub enjoying some food and drink.   

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2023, 08:20:33 AM »
Same here with the smaller games on line...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2023, 05:45:11 PM »
Picked up an old Canon FTb. Haven't shot on film in 20 years, and even then it was like disposable cameras or a 110 film camera.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2023, 05:18:43 AM »
I'm going to use my Dad's old Voigtlander again.  Everything is mechanical circa late 50's early 60's.  The slides he took were phenomenal as far as color and sharpness.  Can you still get 35mm film?

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2023, 08:48:47 AM »
Absolutely, 35mm is still made. Local camera stores, if you have any around, usually still have some. That's a good place to try a couple of rolls to figure out what you like. B&H Photo, Adorama, and  Filmphotographystore.com are the ones I use. I like them all for different reasons.

The Canon FTb I picked up is basically one of the last fully mechanical cameras that Canon made. There's a little mercury battery for the meter, but I'm not bothering with that. I've got a halfway decent light meter app on my phone.

After I shoot a few rolls, I'm going to develop them myself. Picked up a little light panel so I can do my own digital "scans" with my DSLR.

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2023, 09:34:46 AM »
6 more weekends until the race. Going to be close.

Offline BruceR

• Arena
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2023, 01:33:34 PM »
Reminds me of my old '76 Camaro.  My ex-wife nagged me into selling it.  But like the car, the ex is long gone.  The car gave me a lot less headaches.  Wish I'd kept it.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2023, 03:45:01 AM »
LOL...

Offline DC Concours

• Arena
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2023, 08:48:18 AM »
Jim, was this site down for some time yesterday?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2023, 09:55:58 AM »
It was down for a day or 2.  Don't know the cause..

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2023, 10:00:30 AM »
I saw it was down for a day or 2. I assumed that Rick was doing something with it. Is he hosting ZGGTR.org from his place or is it on a hosting site?
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2023, 10:19:29 AM »
In other news I've been to a couple of bike meets recently and thought you might appreciate seeing some of the pics I took.
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline DC Concours

• Arena
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2023, 10:23:03 AM »
Oh those are some nice bikes. What is a Norley!! Looks like a Norton with a big engine. Never heard of that. I gotta google it now.

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2023, 10:56:22 AM »
Those ARE cool bikes. Is a Norley a Norton with a Harley engine?

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2023, 01:17:11 AM »
There are 2 Harley engined custom bikes in there. Both by the same custom builder.
The Norley is indeed a Norton Featherbed frame with a Buell engine, and the "HD" (mimic-ing the HRD Logo)  is the same with a Sportster engine, but trying to look like an Egli Vincent.
The bottom left pic is an actual Egli Vincent.
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK