Author Topic: There, I fixed it!  (Read 6881 times)

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
Re: There, I fixed it!
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2012, 12:24:11 PM »
I like it but always thought how funny how we want a dual system that came single stock and the ZX14 crowd wants a 4into1 when their bike came with duals.   Maybe Kawasaki should just invert the production.

Offline PH14

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2012, 12:36:29 PM »
To each their own I guess. I wouldn't want a dual system myself since that means both bags get heat from the pipe. I know it isn't much at highway speeds but still, I usually put my DSLR and lenses in the left bag so there is no extra heat from the pipe.

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2012, 07:50:51 AM »
Now it looks like an FJR! :yikes:
+1

But that doesn't mean I like it.  Not my thing, as other say, I like the single better. I had dual's on my TLR, but I prefer the singles on almost every bike.
Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs, Oxford Heaterz grips

Offline curly

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2012, 06:30:34 AM »
I have a buddy who has a TL1000 with aftermarket cans and man it sounds awesome. I sure wish there was a way to immulate that v-twin sound from an inline four.

I did get to hear the R1 with the cross-plane crank at Barber and it sounds preety close to a v-twin.
Confidence is the feeling you have before you realize the full measure of the situation.

'09 in Black.

Offline curly

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2012, 06:37:25 AM »
As an update, it looks like I am going to have to either go back to a single or save up and get some aftermarket cans as oppossed to the zx-14 cans. The left side can is hitting the driveshaft when the suspension is compressed. I've tried adjusting it but there's only so much I can do as the mounting points are fixed.

Aftermarket cans will be much smaller in diameter than the zx-14 cans and should eliminate the problem, but boy are they expensive. Stay tuned.
Confidence is the feeling you have before you realize the full measure of the situation.

'09 in Black.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2012, 07:47:13 PM »

Offline fmwhit

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2012, 09:26:56 PM »
I like it Curly.