Author Topic: 2015 connie [pre-release speculation]  (Read 104887 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: 2015 connie [pre-release speculation]
« Reply #340 on: July 01, 2015, 02:15:59 PM »
Just found this document....

"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline tomp

« Reply #341 on: July 01, 2015, 02:23:56 PM »
Now if you could just find the 2016 document/press release.  We are depending on you, sir.   tp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #342 on: July 01, 2015, 03:53:28 PM »

"and a new rear luggage base"   ???  And yet we have never heard of this before and it is not described anywhere else in the document at all.  I think this might be an outright error.

There are also some incorrect wordings in several places (and even repeated a few times).  For example, the section on windshield could be misread that the electronic adjustability and/or 3 position memory are new for 2015 when they are not.  Same thing with the rear suspension- one might read that the remote preload adjuster is new feature, when it is not.  And again with the heat shield- that is not a new feature (all gen 2 have them) it is just revised, not new.

They list "NEW TPMS sensors to warn of tire deflation."  This is not a new feature, and to my knowledge, the sensors themselves are not any different than the 2014 model (the potted ones have been out for quite a while now).

Otherwise it is a good overview of the bike, in general.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #343 on: July 01, 2015, 03:58:15 PM »
Don't over think it, Max.  We'd have to see a 2015 to see the difference in the sandwich carrier as both the original and replacement are  :censored: t.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline tomp

« Reply #344 on: July 01, 2015, 04:29:32 PM »
Max, found a bunch of BMW press releases on new models from 30 years ago, forward, yesterday.  Much of what they presented in them wasn't actually NEW to the bikes, just reintroduced to the media.  Unless the new C14 has the ZX14R engine, with ride by wire, different maps, and C-R-U-I-S-E, the media splash will be the same as BM's in 1986, simply a rehash.  "Bold new graphics and colors schemes".  Makes me desire a 1290  Super Duke R, even more.. tomp 

Sure as hell wish I could afford one.  Oh well...  I do love my '08 Connie. . . tp

FWIW, a new ZX14R sells for $3K less than the SDR.  If the ergos weren't so forward leaning, this old man would be riding the 14R now.  tp
Living in the Texas Coast...