Author Topic: Helmet lock relocation  (Read 6969 times)

Offline DarkKnight

Re: Helmet lock relocation
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2011, 06:58:51 PM »
Oh wait a min.... I thought we were talking about locking helmets while we are wearing them. Your talking about locking them on the bike....Now I get it.

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2011, 06:29:36 AM »
Can these helmet locks be rekeyed to match the others?

If someone today has two bikes, check to see if the same key fits the helmet locks and unlocks either bike's helmet lock.  The glove box lock will open with just about any Concours key.  I think they have only one tumbler inside.  I have two bikes, if I remember when I get home, I'll check it.  So, there's a possibility that any lock will work.  I don't think there is a right and left, they are both the same (at least my '87 is).

And, I think they can be rekeyed also.  You may have to work that chrome cover on the front off to do it.
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline Squishman

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2011, 09:44:21 AM »
I built some that mount and look like this. Two pieces of steel stock from Home Depot, one bend on each side and drill four holes. Pretty cheap and easy.

Mike

I just used this method this weekend. Two 8 and 1/2" x 1" strips of steel.
Todd
Eagan, MN
Photos of my 1999 Conk: http://s751.photobucket.com/home/Squishman/index
Fav farkles: custom-cut Corbin Seat, Sonic 1.2's, Sisf's righteous carb work, Yamaha ATV bars, Spoofak, Rifle Shield, Stick Coils.