Author Topic: I'm just sayin'.....  (Read 6700 times)

Offline Uglydog56

• I'd rather be lucky than good.
I'm just sayin'.....
« on: November 17, 2011, 01:38:40 PM »
At work the motorcycle parking is down from its 50-odd during the summer, to two.  Just two.  The make of these two bikes:  Kawasaki.  The model:  Concours - a 98 (mine) and a red 09.  I'm just sayin'.
Rick A. Cone
COG #9186
98 Connie, 76 CB400F

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: I'm just sayin'.....
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 01:57:36 PM »
Yeah, it happens every year. There is one particular brand of motorcycle that seems to disappear early as the temps. drop: I don't want to mention the brand but the riders seem to run out of places to tie additional rags onto their heads and so give up. By 55 F they look like the Frito Bandito with a doo- rag on top and a bandana wrapped around both their face and their neck.

Maybe Gerbing will come out with heated pirate gear? Looks like a rag but plugs into a controller....

;D

Brian

At work the motorcycle parking is down from its 50-odd during the summer, to two.  Just two.  The make of these two bikes:  Kawasaki.  The model:  Concours - a 98 (mine) and a red 09.  I'm just sayin'.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 02:44:07 PM »
Yeah, it happens every year. There is one particular brand of motorcycle that seems to disappear early as the temps. drop: I don't want to mention the brand but the riders seem to run out of places to tie additional rags onto their heads and so give up. By 55 F they look like the Frito Bandito with a doo- rag on top and a bandana wrapped around both their face and their neck.

Maybe Gerbing will come out with heated pirate gear? Looks like a rag but plugs into a controller....

;D

Brian

haha yeah or maybe cee bailey's will come out with a taller screen...just sayn'

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 05:09:32 PM »

;D

Brian
Plugs into a batterypack that fits into a jacket pocket? In the band of a leather doorag?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 05:13:04 AM »
Here you go.

Workers will love these hats...and flip over our flaps. When designing Hot Nougies(TM) Heated Tie Hats, we included a cuddly soft and warm, no pilling (fuzzing), high warmth-to-weight ratio, plush polyester fleece lining. For ear protection, we added unique and bendable ear flaps that can tuck under hat or hang down over ears.

These ear flaps have pockets to hold our new improved, hotter formula, All Day, Air-Activated Hot Rods Warming Packs (sold separately), just like the warming pack pockets in our quality Hot Rods(R) Winter Liners. And, all ear pockets are lined with DuPont Thermotex weather barrier material.

design and dynamic combination of cotton, fleece, Thermotex and Hot Rods Warming Packs keep head, ears and hair protected from freezing cold temperatures, snow, rain, wind, sun, moving machine parts, dust and dirt. The 100% cotton outer fabric is available in 6 scintillating patterns, including flames, hot chili peppers, motorbike, hi-viz orange, wavy flag, and black. One size fits all. Get Hot Nougies -- A sizzling product that will make the coolest dudes hot stuff.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 05:39:11 AM »
For a limeted time get 20% off when you also order the trailer to speedometer adapter, only from Trailer Boyz!
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 06:51:18 AM »
I don't see too many bikes around me anymore (especially the commuters). I ran 200 miles yesterday between 36 and 44 degrees. You just need more clothes.
On Wednesday I rode 125 miles to work in the am. 38 degrees when I left and 34 degrees at my destination. I felt pretty good, but my feet could have had a little more coverage. Wednesday afternoon over half of that ride was raining hardand 40 degrees. I wanted to stop and put the rain gear on, but my wrist kept saying go, it'll stop any second, but didn't. By the time you know it's not stopping you are already drenched. So I just kept her going.
What a great hot shower I had when I got home.
Joel from Maine.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 07:52:55 AM »
If I still had my M109R, I wouldn't be riding in 30-40 degree weather either.  But that is one of the reasons I chose the C14, I love it when the gate guard or some guy I work with tells me that I am crazy for riding in the cold.  I just tell them that I spend $20 a week on fuel instead of $80-$100.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline alexx45

• 2009 Black C14
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2011, 08:16:14 AM »
OK so I was told I was crazy for riding in the heat of summer & now I'm being told I'm goofy for riding when it's cold. So when exactly do the other style of bike riders ride?  ??? My inquiring mind needs to know... 8)
Life is good.... At least from my perspective.
2009 Concours 14
2005 Suzuki Bandit

Offline Conrad

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2011, 08:37:56 AM »
35 degrees this morn, 40 ~ 50 mph wind gusts coming out of the south and my ride to work is west to east.

I had the bike leaning into the wind the entire time! Talk about keeping you on your toes.

Am I crazy?

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2011, 09:31:05 AM »
Nope---dedicated!
Joel from Maine.

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2011, 09:32:00 AM »
If I worked closer to home, I'd never miss a beat. Besides snow.
Joel from Maine.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2011, 09:37:50 AM »
I pulled into our local Rosie's Diner the other morning and the temp on my C14 said 23 degrees. This is a place where you see a lot of pirates on summer weekend mornings. The waitress just couldn't believe someone would ride in that temp. I told her that if I only rode in temps above 55 I would only be riding about 3 months a year. She looked at me as if to say "what's your point?"

Offline roadie

• RIP:2009 ABS....Welcome 2015 Black
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2011, 09:46:18 AM »
35 degrees this morn, 40 ~ 50 mph wind gusts coming out of the south and my ride to work is west to east.

I had the bike leaning into the wind the entire time! Talk about keeping you on your toes.

Am I crazy?

naw, not crazy...I'm a west to east also...pulled out the Gerbing and got to it.  Super nice toasty ride to work. 32 degrees.  Got here and only one bike in the parking slots for bikes.  You get the pick of the litter on spots when its cold out.
Will

Offline Conrad

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2011, 09:48:17 AM »
naw, not crazy...I'm a west to east also...pulled out the Gerbing and got to it.  Super nice toasty ride to work. 32 degrees.  Got here and only one bike in the parking slots for bikes.  You get the pick of the litter on spots when its cold out.

Same here, only one other bike in the bike parking spaces, a new baby Ninja.

Offline roadie

• RIP:2009 ABS....Welcome 2015 Black
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2011, 09:53:57 AM »
Same here, only one other bike in the bike parking spaces, a new baby Ninja.

My son rides a baby Ninja...he's so light it actually moves like a motorcycle should.  I'll be riding it next month for a few days week when I do my valve check. First time for valve check and plan on taking my time doing the 15K maintenance...
Will

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2011, 10:07:35 AM »
My C14 is the only bike in the parking lot today (42 and drizzle), last week (65 and sunny) there were about 20 pirate ships peacefully anchored in the bay. 
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline midnightrider

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2011, 07:20:12 AM »
Yep, me on the 04 c10, and another guy on a Buell.
2004 C10 RIP

Offline alexx45

• 2009 Black C14
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2011, 08:05:17 AM »
Yep 90% of the time it's just me in my parking lot. there used to be a guy on a Triumph Speed triple that rode pretty regular but he has since transferred to another office. There is a pirate Captain who will ride...if it's not too hot, or too cold, or too windy, or....... :P
Life is good.... At least from my perspective.
2009 Concours 14
2005 Suzuki Bandit

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2011, 12:45:53 PM »
Still in the 40's and 50's here, NE Ohio, and no snow so far. I'll ride above around 38 or so. Lots and lots of bikes went away after Labor Day weekend, never to appear until Memorial Weekend, strange.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50