Author Topic: Doing some fork maintenance...  (Read 9422 times)

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
Re: Doing some fork maintenance...
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2012, 08:48:37 AM »
What tires are you using?

If you can find a ZZR rear shock without breaking your bank it is a great improvement over the stocker.

Replace the fork oil and springs with straight rate and find a fork brace.

This will have the most bang for the buck and if you move on the a ZRX front end later your money will not be a total loss as I had no problem selling off everything that I replaced on my bike in building it to my taste.

TCro, I appreciate you sticking with me through this, and your questions have brought me back to troubleshooting 101, "what was the last thing you changed?" For me, that would be the rear tire, and while it didn't dawn on me at the time, that is about the time I seem to recall issues starting. One thing I did not realize when I purchased the Shinko is that it is a bias ply to the Avon radial in the front. I know people have mixed tire construction types with no ill effects, some even prefer it, but it is still a possibility for what I am experiencing. Not wanting to go out and buy another rear tire, I will wait the short time until my front needs to be replaced and get the matching Shinko for the front and see if that changes things. I left the Avons due to short life and high cost, but I may be back next time around.
'12 C-14, Vance and Hines CS One muffler, lowered pegs, tank bra, bar risers, Phil's Farkles rack with Givi V46 top box, fender extender, Bucks tail brights, Canyon Cages and much more to come!
COG 9331
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=1302;type=avatar&time=1422479190