Author Topic: New farkles arrived and installed - Muzzys full dual carbon fiber exhaust - pics  (Read 22283 times)

Offline Conrad

If she knew what I paid for it I'd be out in the garage for that too...  :-X

What they don't know won't hurt us right?  ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ZG

• Arena
What they don't know won't hurt us right?  ;)

:goodpost:   :thumbs:

Offline Wanderlust

Ninja, you obviously want to be seen! With all the lights front and back and reflectors everywhere....

Did someone say, "lights"...?  ;)

BTW glad to see you guys coming around to the Dark Side of full dual exhaust.

Now if only I could get one of those AFR loggers so I could get my ECU reflashed and put the flies back in...sigh ;)
Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, Hey, is there room in your head for one more?

Offline ZG

• Arena

BTW glad to see you guys coming around to the Dark Side of full dual exhaust.

Now if only I could get one of those AFR loggers so I could get my ECU reflashed and put the flies back in...sigh ;)

About freakin time you found us man, thought we lost you for good!! Welcome to the new site bro!!!  :chugbeer: :chugbeer:

Offline Wanderlust

About freakin time you found us man, thought we lost you for good!! Welcome to the new site bro!!!  :chugbeer: :chugbeer:

Thanks, mate...admittedly the forum diaspora and other life issues caught up with me for a bit, but I'm still around and riding. Good to see you've hid your expenses from the wife for a while lol...
Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, Hey, is there room in your head for one more?

Offline blanton

• Rural East TEXAS
ZG, It realy looks nice. Everthing seems to have "come together"......blanton
77 KZ900 (still riding) 05 C10, 2010 C14

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver

Holy crap- your alternator must be screaming in pain...  (and the people in font of you at night, too!)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
ZG, It realy looks nice. Everthing seems to have "come together"......blanton

Now maybe he will actually RIDE it.......

:o

Offline ZG

• Arena
Now maybe he will actually RIDE it.......

:o

Oh I knew that was coming, always so easy for you to tell me Mike...

Trust me, I know I don't get to put as many miles on her as most of you on this forum but it's not by choice, I travel way too much for work so often I'm not even home, and when I am home it's a crap shoot on raining or not (typical PNW weather), sorry but I'm not a ride in the rain guy...

Plus I do have to share the love with my bikes, I can't spend all my dry days when home on the Connie, it would cause a complex in the garage if you know what I mean, I must say I don't dread ridding a Gixxer...  ;)   ;D

Offline Wanderlust

Oh I knew that was coming, always so easy for you to tell me Mike...

Trust me, I know I don't get to put as many miles on her as most of you on this forum but it's not by choice, I travel way too much for work so often I'm not even home, and when I am home it's a crap shoot on raining or not (typical PNW weather), sorry but I'm not a ride in the rain guy...

Plus I do have to share the love with my bikes, I can't spend all my dry days when home on the Connie, it would cause a complex in the garage if you know what I mean, I must say I don't dread ridding a Gixxer...  ;)   ;D

You'd better hope the wife doesn't figure out she's the wet weather attention option ;)

Offline Wanderlust

Holy crap- your alternator must be screaming in pain...  (and the people in font of you at night, too!)

People in front, yes...I have to be careful to kill the lights in oncoming traffic - which can be a pain in the ass sometimes because many of the roads here are not lit at night and believe me, you want to see as far as possible so that you aren't meeting large fauna in the road (I did clip an emu one evening but that was at dusk and the damned thing just appeared out of nowhere lol).

As for my alternator, she's breathing easy. The top lights (including standard lighting) are all HID's @35 watts each, and the lights on the forks are Denali LED's that draw 10 watts each. Total draw when everything is lit up is 220 watts, and by memory the alternator is good for a load over 450 watts. The only other power draws on the system are heated grips and a heated Russell Cycle Pro seat.

Offline ZG

• Arena
You'd better hope the wife doesn't figure out she's the wet weather attention option ;)

;)     

Offline ZG

• Arena
Ok, dyno run today, here's what the new set-up did!

Full Muzzys dual system, PCV with custom map, K&N, flies pulled...

I gained 13 hp over my base line run on this same dyno just a couple months ago with a slip-on Muzzys, and the ft-lbs TQ is at 92!  :thumbs: 

The blue line is the drop-in PCV map, the red line is the custom map, check out the air/fuel on the custom map, you can't get any more dialed in that!  8)

7-23-11 dyno run

4-1-11 dyno run (the "before" base line run)

« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 10:33:25 PM by ZG »

Offline EpicBadass

Looks great! Want to trade bikes? haha

Offline Burbs

• 2009 ABS
Very sharp!  :thumbs:

Offline ZG

• Arena
Looks great! Want to trade bikes? haha

Very sharp!  :thumbs:

Thanks brutha's!  :)   :grouphug:

Offline Fretka

Verrryyyy nice!

That flat torque curve is what most of us feel in the seat of our pants, 80 ft. lbs at 4K feels like gods own hand pushing from behind!

Your tuner left it a touch rich at 6K and above, probably because of personal preference and a little safety margin from too lean.

This, all...is what we all shoot for when diddling our motors!

Good job..... and now start saving for rear tires!

Fretka

Mods, this recipe along with the traces should be a sticky for reference.
Wretched excess visited upon an innocent C-14

Offline ZG

• Arena
Verrryyyy nice!

That flat torque curve is what most of us feel in the seat of our pants, 80 ft. lbs at 4K feels like gods own hand pushing from behind!

Your tuner left it a touch rich at 6K and above, probably because of personal preference and a little safety margin from too lean.

This, all...is what we all shoot for when diddling our motors!

Good job..... and now start saving for rear tires!

Fretka

Mods, this recipe along with the traces should be a sticky for reference.

Thanks brutha!  :chugbeer:

Offline m919

Nice clean job!
2009 kawasaki concours (red)
1999 honda valkyrie(sold)
2002 honda cb919(sold)

Offline ZG

• Arena