Author Topic: Sportscreen!!  (Read 21724 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Sportscreen!!
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2014, 06:50:38 AM »
Hahahaha clear as mud now.  Seems all the same guys are on both anyways
I've learned so much on both. I'll be doing the full membership this weekend. I think I owe more than the dues in free advice by now. It's the least I can do to give back a little bit
Wait. A sec...which one am I on now ;)

ZGGTR..

I sense a disturbance brewing in this thread so lets mellow a bit and have a few bloody mary's or vodka (no flavors - shaken, not stirred) martinis.  It works for me.

Long story short, it seems to have been a disagreement about intellectual property rights, a messy divorce and everbody involved wanting to take their ball and go home. Happened a couple of years ago and has moved into the realm of myth and legend. And a bit of a running joke now.

I think that you have got the gist of it correct except for the last sentence.  I still have not been able to find any humor in it at all, even after some years have passed.  But enough digression on that subject.  Both of the forums have different tones or a life of their own based on the membership.  I like the tone of this one.  Always have.  The other one is ok but I prefer this one.  To me it's more like family and when I have long time family members going at it, it affect me personally.  It shouldn't do that but it does.  We all have our personalities, can't change that, and you know what I say....characters welcome here.

Are we clear on that?  I hope so.  Continue on...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2014, 07:57:05 AM »
ZGGTR..

I sense a disturbance brewing in this thread so lets mellow a bit and have a few bloody mary's or vodka (no flavors - shaken, not stirred) martinis.  It works for me.

I think that you have got the gist of it correct except for the last sentence.  I still have not been able to find any humor in it at all, even after some years have passed.  But enough digression on that subject.  Both of the forums have different tones or a life of their own based on the membership.  I like the tone of this one.  Always have.  The other one is ok but I prefer this one.  To me it's more like family and when I have long time family members going at it, it affect me personally.  It shouldn't do that but it does.  We all have our personalities, can't change that, and you know what I say....characters welcome here.

Are we clear on that?  I hope so.  Continue on...

:thumbs:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline texrider

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2014, 09:23:08 AM »
As for opinion, mine is that a gen one stock screen fully lowered is as much air as I care to have.
I might go so far as to black one out from the inside, as some have done, just for looks.  8)
2014 Valkyrie

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2014, 09:42:02 AM »
+1 except for the blackout bit..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline PH14

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2014, 10:27:14 AM »
ZGGTR..

I like the tone of this one.  Always have. 

:thumbs: :chugbeer:

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2014, 11:40:40 AM »

Now you speakin' my language. :chugbeer:

Offline jmd10259

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2014, 08:01:33 PM »
Cool looking screen, but more than happy with my MRA Vario smoked screen.  Performs likely very similar to this one , looks awesome and is less than half the price.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2014, 10:05:05 PM »
This sounds like a job for the crash test dummies..

Offline Conrad

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2014, 06:20:23 AM »
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2014, 07:19:03 AM »
somebody needs a hobby...  ::)

You mean besides motorcycles?  Language is one of them.  As well as firearms, playing the flute, computers (which is also work), cats, casual gaming, and a few other things.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2014, 07:59:10 AM »
Yep, Max doesn't have time for any more stinkin hobbies...his life is quite full at the moment. 

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2014, 01:04:08 PM »
Yep, Max doesn't have time for any more stinkin hobbies...his life is quite full at the moment.

I would have tons of time if I could be pried away from the TV....  I am a sucker for documentaries, science shows, history, scifi, and fantasy.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2014, 01:36:24 PM »
That's my problem as well, Max.

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2014, 03:00:17 AM »
You mean besides motorcycles?  Language is one of them.  As well as firearms, playing the flute, computers (which is also work), cats, casual gaming, and a few other things.

of course, that's what I meant. Literally, as usual  ::)
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2014, 05:45:41 AM »
of course, that's what I meant. Literally, as usual  ::)

I often prefer to answer rhetorical figurative with informative literal.

Offline PH14

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2014, 11:04:01 AM »
To move this back on topic, I am now willing to sacrifice for the good of the group and try this sport screen. I have given this much thought and spoken the wife and she is in agreement. She understands that she will be a human guinea pig and has accepted this reality.

Remember, we are doing this for the good of all those on this forum. With this in mind, please PM me for information regarding where to send your donations.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2014, 01:59:35 PM »
I suggest you immediately start waiting next to your mailbox for the donations to come.

Online blue14

• Arena
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2014, 02:10:39 PM »
To move this back on topic, I am now willing to sacrifice for the good of the group and try this sport screen. I have given this much thought and spoken the wife and she is in agreement. She understands that she will be a human guinea pig and has accepted this reality.

Remember, we are doing this for the good of all those on this forum. With this in mind, please PM me for information regarding where to send your donations.

Taking one for the "Team"?
2010 C14, 2007 ZX14,  2004 KTM 300SXC

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2014, 04:36:54 PM »
To move this back on topic, I am now willing to sacrifice for the good of the group and try this sport screen.

Great!!!  I can't wait to see your review and how you like it.  Lots of questions pending... the thing looks really great but it is a big investment.

(You do not indicate in your signature nor avatar which gen/year nor color your bike is...)

Offline Zteve

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2014, 04:51:53 PM »
 :popcorn: