Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 729458 times)

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #2440 on: January 15, 2017, 08:03:58 PM »
I found it interesting that when I logged on today there was nothing but this thread, which was unread. There was nothing else there -- other than the notice that there was something in the Nothing thread. Nothing to be worried about other than the possibility that only having nothing will result in a quantum collapse of the universe. Cheers.

Hmmm...you sound kinda smart...are you that guy from the Mazda forum I've been hearing about?  :)

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #2441 on: January 16, 2017, 05:06:56 AM »
Hmmm...you sound kinda smart...are you that guy from the Mazda forum I've been hearing about?  :)
Marty, he stayed at a Super 8. :rotflmao:
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2442 on: January 16, 2017, 05:09:58 AM »
Do they have an Arena?  8)

Are you kidding? That wouldn't be very PC of them would it now?

World domination by self-professed superior knowledge of Mazda cars? :-)

Zoom Zoom...
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2443 on: January 16, 2017, 05:11:30 AM »

No way would THAT guy be seen with the likes of us over here. We're much too droll and pedestrian. 

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline tonedeaf1

« Reply #2444 on: January 16, 2017, 08:38:42 PM »
I checked the Mazda forum to see if I was the Mazda guy that you are hearing so much about. Nothing there that I could find. Tried the Motel 6 -- nothing there either. So I must be someone else (I don't think I am nothing else). So, do nothing until you hear from me.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #2445 on: January 16, 2017, 11:23:04 PM »
So, do nothing until you hear from me.

In a thread about nothing, we're supposed to do nothing?..until we "hear" from a partially deaf person?......wait for it....wait..for it...

OK, I've got nothing. I thought I was headed somewhere...but no.  :-\ :(

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2446 on: January 17, 2017, 04:29:24 AM »
In a thread about nothing, we're supposed to do nothing?..until we "hear" from a partially deaf person?......wait for it....wait..for it...

OK, I've got nothing. I thought I was headed somewhere...but no.  :-\ :(

I'm still waiting, for nothing...

sailor_chic

« Reply #2447 on: January 17, 2017, 08:53:47 AM »
I'm still waiting, for nothing...

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2448 on: January 17, 2017, 09:48:16 AM »
Got it!

Offline BruceR

• Arena
« Reply #2449 on: January 18, 2017, 05:57:41 AM »
Thanks for nothing, Nicole.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2450 on: January 18, 2017, 06:00:19 AM »
This thread is going nowhere.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2451 on: January 18, 2017, 06:42:29 AM »
 :banana
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

sailor_chic

« Reply #2452 on: January 18, 2017, 07:36:21 AM »
Thanks for nothing, Nicole.

Your welcome :)

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #2453 on: January 18, 2017, 08:27:30 AM »

True 'nough, but it took 164 pages to finally get on topic, so we can't say it's going nowhere fast. ::)

Kudos to Nicole for finally getting us on topic. :thumbs:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2454 on: January 18, 2017, 09:32:07 AM »

And yet, it has nothing to offer.

Offline Classvino

• Longtime Kawi Rider
« Reply #2455 on: January 18, 2017, 10:41:11 AM »
...Seinfeld monetized 'nothing'...

Jamie
2013 C14 - First "new" bike
1983 CB1100F, 1977 GS850, 1974 KH750 H2, 1974 KH500 H1, 1975 KH400 S3, 1979 RD 400 Daytona......

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #2456 on: January 18, 2017, 10:53:28 AM »
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2457 on: January 18, 2017, 12:36:03 PM »
http://youtu.be/G_DV54ddNHE

:thumbs: Billy Preston! I went to a George Harrison concert in Tucson in about 1975. George had laryngitis and couldn't sing. The concert did not go well. They put Ravi Shankar on. He is a great artist but 5 min was about all I could take. Was thinking of leaving as was much of the crowd. But Billy Preston got up and saved the show! Apparently he had issues like many of his peers but he was an amazing showman.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #2458 on: March 21, 2017, 03:28:37 PM »
Had to renew my driver's license today and was a bit surprised by the application form- so many more choices that there used to be. The hair and eye color really got me- used to be that humans were basically divided into two eye color groups, brown and blue. Now I know there are other choices but those two were 'close enough'. Now on the form today, the choices were:

Brown
Blue
Green
Black
Gray
Hazel
Dichromatic
Pink

Now by 'dichromatic', I am assuming they simply mean heterochromia, which is when the same mammal has two significantly colored eyes rather than the more rare types (of an already very rare condition) where one iris is different colors in different places.

And Pink? Is that a possibility WRT human eye color? Or is it a polite way to say 'bloodshot' from excessive drinking? Pink? Sure, maybe for albino humans but how many of those are there anyway, about 14? [probably not politically correct term anymore- albino is probably now 'color challenged' or 'color affected disorder' or something]

And the insturctions clearly state "Check One": if one had heterchromia, would one not check 'dichromatic', and then the two eye colors one actually posessed? Does this form need more choices?

Then there is the whole green / gray / hazel thingy..... what are LEO's doing, running around with eye color charts and picking the best match? What's up with this?

The hair colors were a little more sane:

Black
Blonde
Brown
Red
White
Gray
Bald

Frankly this one confused me somewhat: my originally dark (brown, not black) hair is turning white I think but the overall effect is that it looks gray. So I checked gray. I guess I could have checked 'Brown', 'White' and put an arrow indicating that it was changing but again, there was that instruction about checking one box. Hmmmmmmm.

I miss the olden' days when I could just be..... regular. :-)

Brian (blue, gray, no, no, yes, I tried that once but did not like it, I tried that other thing twice to be sure but did not like that either, sometimes, never, and no, that was my evil twin)
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2459 on: March 21, 2017, 03:46:34 PM »
How many choices did it have for gender?  ;D

Had to renew my driver's license today and was a bit surprised by the application form- so many more choices that there used to be. The hair and eye color really got me- used to be that humans were basically divided into two eye color groups, brown and blue. Now I know there are other choices but those two were 'close enough'. Now on the form today, the choices were:

Brown
Blue
Green
Black
Gray
Hazel
Dichromatic
Pink

Now by 'dichromatic', I am assuming they simply mean heterochromia, which is when the same mammal has two significantly colored eyes rather than the more rare types (of an already very rare condition) where one iris is different colors in different places.

And Pink? Is that a possibility WRT human eye color? Or is it a polite way to say 'bloodshot' from excessive drinking? Pink? Sure, maybe for albino humans but how many of those are there anyway, about 14? [probably not politically correct term anymore- albino is probably now 'color challenged' or 'color affected disorder' or something]

And the insturctions clearly state "Check One": if one had heterchromia, would one not check 'dichromatic', and then the two eye colors one actually posessed? Does this form need more choices?

Then there is the whole green / gray / hazel thingy..... what are LEO's doing, running around with eye color charts and picking the best match? What's up with this?

The hair colors were a little more sane:

Black
Blonde
Brown
Red
White
Gray
Bald

Frankly this one confused me somewhat: my originally dark (brown, not black) hair is turning white I think but the overall effect is that it looks gray. So I checked gray. I guess I could have checked 'Brown', 'White' and put an arrow indicating that it was changing but again, there was that instruction about checking one box. Hmmmmmmm.

I miss the olden' days when I could just be..... regular. :-)

Brian (blue, gray, no, no, yes, I tried that once but did not like it, I tried that other thing twice to be sure but did not like that either, sometimes, never, and no, that was my evil twin)