Author Topic: Snow Storm in the Mid-Atlantic  (Read 2739 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Snow Storm in the Mid-Atlantic
« on: January 03, 2022, 07:39:29 AM »
How's everyone making out this morning?  I haven't seen this much snow in years.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline DC Concours

• Arena
  • 2001 Concours, ~35K miles
Re: Snow Storm in the Mid-Atlantic
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2022, 09:02:14 AM »
At home. Need to shovel a lot this afternoon. Stuck truck in our community blocking the exit. This much snow was unexpected. I thought they would revise the totals downwards in the morning like they always do here in the DC area.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2022, 09:40:29 AM »
My thoughts too.  Going to get the snow blower out.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline DC Concours

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2022, 09:57:07 AM »
Got my old shovel. My back will be in severe pain tomorrow.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2022, 02:57:20 PM »
I just finished ours and some of our neighbors.  Scotch is waiting for me.  We've got all kinds of trees down....

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2022, 03:32:17 PM »
How's everyone making out this morning?  I haven't seen this much snow in years.

Got tons of rain and wind for many hours, then converted to snow at about 2pm.  About 1 inch from 2pm to 5pm then stopped completely.  But it is just at freezing, so it was all melting on contact.  Looked pretty falling, though.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2022, 07:23:27 AM »
Saw it on the news, that was some snow! I wish I could be that wrong that many times about that many things as the weather people and still keep my job.  ;D
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2022, 07:31:36 AM »
Another one on the way today.  This time the western part of the state (VA) will get hit the hardest............so they say.

Offline DC Concours

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2022, 08:24:48 AM »
I salted my steps....

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2022, 09:30:14 AM »
Enhancing the taste?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2022, 10:11:28 AM »
Another one on the way today.  This time the western part of the state (VA) will get hit the hardest............so they say.

Just raining here.  Temps went way up, now 41F (27F last night).  Supposed to hit 56F by 8pm!
In Richmond, it snowed a little then turned to rain.

I was on 64 last night and they had already treated it.

They are now calling for another wave of this Fri/Sat.  Sigh.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline DC Concours

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2022, 04:01:09 PM »
From the looks of it, we got a a bunch of snow here in our region. Windy too. No shoveling. Too bad The snow was powdery. It seems to be ending now though. Temps going up and we are supposed to get some rain. Black ice alright.

I don't like snow.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2022, 06:30:11 AM »
12 inches and still snowing now in Cleveland at 0800 hrs. Lake effect to kick in tonight for maybe another few more inches. First big storm for us, storms are fun sometimes, even though I'm at work and will be out in it, it's not so bad, it's warm, about 20F and it's powdery, not too many morons on the roads, yet. Into the woods tomorrow for photos.

Offline DC Concours

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2022, 09:02:50 AM »
Wow. That is a lot. We shut down if there is barely 2 inches here. People here are the worst drivers.

Surprisingly, our temps went up last night and it rained too. Most of the snow is gone. I am happy.

Post some pics. Your place must look like a winter wonderland.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2022, 09:13:21 AM »
I'll try. East of me though, think Erie PA, Buffalo NY, they will get twice what I get over the next 24hrs.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2022, 02:13:45 PM »
Max, looks like you guys might get smacked tonight into tomorrow...

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2022, 03:36:08 PM »
Max, looks like you guys might get smacked tonight into tomorrow...

It just started snowing (and sticking).  They expect 4 inches or so over the next several hours.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2022, 06:20:42 AM »
It just started snowing (and sticking).  They expect 4 inches or so over the next several hours.

Yeah, looks like about 4" but hard to tell because of the drifts.  It is fine/powdery and blew around a lot.  Dark in my house because the skylights aren't really working well.

I am probably trapped because the G really doesn't like snow.  Last time I couldn't even get more than 20' down my driveway before I was stuck.  Plus, my street is never plowed (and if it were, it would make it that much more impossible to get out of the driveway since there would be a pile in the gutter).  I don't think there is any hope of melting until late tomorrow afternoon.

Offline DC Concours

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2022, 07:26:57 AM »
It looks beautiful here. The sun's out but it is 15°F. I don’t know which is worse your pile of snow or my temps. Suffice to say I don’t think I’ll be riding my bike today. It’s been so long that I went out and refilled my bowls because I’m sure the fuel had evaporated.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2022, 09:24:51 AM »
I do feel sorry for people who have to put up with snow and ice most of the winter.  Even if they have the "right equipment", it still sucks.