Author Topic: Rostra Cruise Install and Quirk  (Read 8345 times)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: Rostra Cruise Install and Quirk
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2014, 03:35:00 PM »
http://www.mccruise.com/collections/kawasaki?page=2

McCruise just came out with a new compact design.

Sweet! Too bad its so expensive.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2014, 05:11:11 PM »
Sweet! Too bad its so expensive.

That is, indeed, sweet.  But $1000+ for a cruise control still seems very excessive :(
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Cuda

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2014, 03:43:57 AM »
The one I bought is now $900.00 plus shipping, If you saw how much STUFF comes in the box...
Well lets say it is well thought out  and in talking to them to get the group buy the guy said their was not a great big markup .
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2014, 06:45:29 AM »
The one I bought is now $900.00 plus shipping, If you saw how much STUFF comes in the box...
Well lets say it is well thought out  and in talking to them to get the group buy the guy said their was not a great big markup .

I don't doubt that at $900 they are not getting rich and is probably a good deal. The compact design looks nice. The reason I went with $240 for the Rostra kit is because I knew I could. Brian had already blazed the trail and did an outstanding write up. Gave me the confidence to go for it. Otherwise I would have gone with McCruise or more likely just lived with a throttle lock.

Thank you Brian!

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2014, 04:29:15 PM »
Brian had already blazed the trail and did an outstanding write up. Gave me the confidence to go for it. Otherwise I would have gone with McCruise or more likely just lived with a throttle lock.
Thank you Brian!

Ditto.  :goodpost:

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2014, 12:40:19 PM »
Aw shucks, thanks fellas....  :-[

The Rostra on the C-14 has become a community project though- lots of people have contributed various ideas and different methods so anyone doing it now has easier access to better information. But back when I installed mine, it did take a bit of time to work out the initial location, wiring and especially, the VSS tie- in 'cause that took a little bit of effort to work out the correct pulse rate as well as whether or not it would work with the stock VSS (which of course, it does).

Brian

I don't doubt that at $900 they are not getting rich and is probably a good deal. The compact design looks nice. The reason I went with $240 for the Rostra kit is because I knew I could. Brian had already blazed the trail and did an outstanding write up. Gave me the confidence to go for it. Otherwise I would have gone with McCruise or more likely just lived with a throttle lock.

Thank you Brian!

Ditto.  :goodpost:
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline rocknrod

• 2013 C14 - Blue
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2014, 04:03:48 PM »
Take pics and post em on a thread since I don't think it's been done yet on here.
Yep Brian has help out a lot of us on here  ;)
Master Chief, US Navy, Retired
2013 C14 Blue, Fenda Extenda, Radiator Screen, HeliBars, Glove Box Mod, 3M paint Protector, Rostra Cruise Control, TechSpec Tank Grips, Lowering Links and Side Stand, Front lowered, Lowered center stand, Balwin Seat.