Author Topic: Wheezing connie  (Read 2480 times)

Offline Uglydog56

• I'd rather be lucky than good.
Wheezing connie
« on: July 08, 2011, 12:10:28 PM »
After hauling myself, my wife, and all her hygiene products over the Rockies, I am forced to concede that the connie could use some more horsepower.  I would like to explore an 7-9psi blow-through turbo setup.  Did we lose the rev?  Anyone have any data or experience on this, or some pics of where to put stuff?

(edit) To be fair, and also because she is looking over my shoulder, I did bring a 4.5oz bottle of Dr. Bronners soap, a travel size deoderant, and a toothbrush.  So it wasn't ALL hers.
Rick A. Cone
COG #9186
98 Connie, 76 CB400F

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
Re: Wheezing connie
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 01:36:49 PM »
  Did we lose the rev?

I believe Rev is now posting exclusively at Cog-online
'12 C-14, Vance and Hines CS One muffler, lowered pegs, tank bra, bar risers, Phil's Farkles rack with Givi V46 top box, fender extender, Bucks tail brights, Canyon Cages and much more to come!
COG 9331
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=1302;type=avatar&time=1422479190

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 03:32:29 PM »
Yup, thats where you will find him :'(
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline Boomer343

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 09:28:36 PM »
Two words......Gold Wing.....and there is a guy in Vancouver that has a turbo kit for the 1800 if you have 12 grand or so.

Turbo on the connie.....lots of time and cash to get a headache.

How about getting a lower maintenance co rider......oops not an option, I repeat not an option...... SWMBO just looked over my shoulder.....LOL

Offline Cybercraig

• Sprayboy-Services
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 10:16:50 PM »
I think you'd be better off going with the SISF bigger bore option or the Dan Bergman ZRGX option. I consider a stock Connie a nice two-weeker cross-country bike for one person & all the gear. For two up I think you're a little short on space & power. JMHO 
'98 becoming more farkled up by the minute.

R.I.P. Steve Earl  "Mr. FJR"

Offline Equito

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 09:55:35 AM »
Used C-14 makes a lot more sense, to me.  At the end of the day, the money wouldn't be that different, either.

Offline Uglydog56

• I'd rather be lucky than good.
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 11:29:36 AM »
I can't recover any of my investment in upgrades to the current bike at this point.  I'm committed to the bike I have.  I don't think Teresa would be as comfortable on the new bike, and I don't think there's room to haul as much stuff either.  Not that the C14 isn't awesome (because it is), or that I don't want one, it just isn't in the cards.
Rick A. Cone
COG #9186
98 Connie, 76 CB400F

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 12:42:27 PM »
I got a phone call from a fellow Cogger (Lobo) whom I built a 1052 engine for. It is cammed and jetted. He called yesterday to tell me he was at a ralley and had just raced a c-14 from a 1st gear 20 mph roll on to 110 mph, rules being the first to 110 lifts. He said his reaction to the flag was slow and the c-14 immediately got 1/2 bike length, but then they stayed side by side till 110. Honestly i wouldn't have predicted that, c-14's stock are pretty freakin' strong. i guess the point is that there's hope for our old c-10's if you're willing to do the work - Steve

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 02:05:49 PM »
hey Steve, i think the race only proved Ken has bigger 'Nads than the guy on the C14...heheheheheheheheh ;D
not to say you didn't contribute to the bike performance, but i would not expect an even race even knowing that...hehehehehehh

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2011, 04:08:42 PM »
 Well, I gotta agree - I was pretty surprised, because I've turned on with accellerating 14's before, and the just got smaller looking... but Ken said the c-14 owner assured him he was flogging it, so all I can do is report it as reported to me  ;) steve