Author Topic: New Connie Owner  (Read 2712 times)

Offline nico

New Connie Owner
« on: March 02, 2012, 06:18:39 AM »
Howdy, everyone!

I bought my 2012 Connie on Leap Day. I only have about 60 miles on her so far, but I'm simply enthralled by this machine. I traded my 2008 Rocket 3 Touring for her, on which I had ridden about 15k miles over three years. The Connie is the first non-cruiser style bike I've ever ridden. Now I know what I've been missing! The Connie handles like a butterfly in comparison to my Rocket, which I've compared to a pissed-off rhinocerous. It's just so easy to ride! It enthusiastically does exactly what I want it to, without protest or delay. Although I had grown to be pretty comfortable on the R3, I was always a bit trepidatious about its sheer size and weight and reluctance to deviate from straight-line travel. It's lack of a sixth gear was another big complaint. There's just no reason a 2300cc bike needs to flirt with 4000 RPM at highway speeds.

I have to rave about the dealer a bit, too. I bought the Connie from Dillon Brothers Motorsports in Omaha, Nebraska. The salesman actually knew the sport-touring segment well and was very knowledgeable about the specific product in which I was interested. It's also nice to visit a multi-brand dealer when shopping bikes. I was able to sit on and kick the tires of new and used alternatives by Triumph, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, BMW, and even Harley. Before going to Dillon, I went to another Kawi dealer in the area and the salesman there had never even heard of a Concours! The deal-making was just so easy. They gave me their best out-the-door price of $15500 up-front, and gave me the Kelley Blue Book trade-in value for my Rocket, which was $7800. No haggling. No attempt to tack on the usual destination charges, building charges, and so on. They even offered to let me test ride the Connie. This was by far my best experience buying a new vehicle, motorcycle or otherwise.

Anyway, I'm extremely happy to have found and joined this community of Connie riders. I spent quite a bit of time reading threads in this forum in the weeks before I bought. There's a ton of great info here.

Nico

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: New Connie Owner
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 06:30:40 AM »
Good to see you nico, enjoy.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 06:32:27 AM »
Welcome!  I came from a muscle cruiser also (M109R) and I love your "pissed of rhino" comparison.  Night and day difference in performance and comfort.  Just wait until you get a couple more trip under your belt, you will fall in love with it everytime you take it out. 
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline DonB

• Let's Ride
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 06:41:18 AM »
Nico
welcome and congrats on the new machine. I came from a cruiser to Sport touring and never will miss the cruiser.
2012 Candy Arabian Red C14 but it's not Red to me
2012 Blue ABS Wing
2011 White Vstrom                               = o&o>

Offline W14

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 07:17:58 AM »
Congrats on you new ride. I came from a cruiser as well, Suzuki M90, and have never looked back.

Enjoy, ride safe.

Offline kawacop1642

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 07:41:47 AM »
Welcome! and congrats on the new bike. looks great! Traded in a 800lb. Ultra Classic gas guzzler for mine. Never looked back.
Get some rides under your belt. It just gets better.

Mark

Offline Bourne2Ride

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 08:04:28 AM »
Welcome to the world of keeping a black bike clean, and congratulations on getting the faster color ;). She's a beauty, and I love the Black Powder Coated Wheel's.
Save the Connie and Save the world!
- Heroes

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 08:20:34 AM »
Welcome and enjoy!!!
Joel from Maine.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 08:22:45 AM »
Welcome Nico. It's nice to hear of your pleasurable buying experience.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 09:54:23 AM »
Welcome Nico, nice choice on color bro she looks tuff with those black wheels!  8)

Offline okxd45

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 06:06:15 PM »
Welcome and congrats on purchasing the second fastest. ;D
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 09:47:45 PM »
Welcome!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Tim

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2012, 10:47:07 PM »
Nico, Welcome to the forum and congrats on a great bike. When it gets a little warmer, I bet you will be looking for the long way home.  :o
I don't always ride a street bike. But when I do, it's a Concours. Ride safely my friend.