Author Topic: Canadian Forces to ditch maple leaf designator in favor of British-style ranks  (Read 3304 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Soooo, an attack on Quebec in the works?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Possibly.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
I'm kind of uninterested about most happenings in Canada.  I'm kind of "eh"...   
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline koval68

I wonder if Queen had something to do with it... ::)
Tom"Killer"Kowalski   COG#9263  Newmarket,Ontario
"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need,  but not every man's greed."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
If she did, that's ok by me.  However, I suspect it was the Canadian government itself that came up with that.

We have many Canadian members here, so I bring up the military aspects every once in awhile when I see something interesting pop up.

Personally, if I was in the military up there, I don't think I'd be too happy about mimicking the British rank system.  But then again, I don't know the relationship Canada has with GB.  It's closer than ours by a long shot, though.

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
We have many Canadian members here, so I bring up the military aspects every once in awhile when I see something interesting pop up.
WOOSH!

(That was the sound of the joke going right by you... - You know, Canadians, ending sentences with "eh"...)   :rotflmao:

(Granted, it wasn't a very good joke...)
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline Locksmith

WOOSH!

(That was the sound of the joke going right by you... - You know, Canadians, ending sentences with "eh"...)   :rotflmao:

Don't quit your day job. You'll starve as a comedian.

I was raised on the "pips and crowns" system, so I'm good with it. One of the arguments when we changed to the current system was it was too American. There was an excess of French Canadian influence on government that wanted to disown our British heritage. We traded it to look more US.

I see a few years of confusion, but all in all I like the idea of going back to our roots.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
WOOSH!

Right.....and yes I know about the 'eh' thing.