Author Topic: My Observation  (Read 7779 times)

Offline PH14

Re: My Observation
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2014, 12:20:28 PM »
I shouldn't bad mouth em, heck I rode them for many years.  :-\
Spent $35K on one alone  :-[
But MAN am rolling smooth now  ;D

Yeah, I won't knock any bike. I may have a few things to say about the rider, but not the bike. I actually have considered buying a Harley, not for the typical reasons, looks cool, etc, but for simplicities sake and a slower pace. There is a certain beauty about them. While helping out at a dealership for a few years, we took a 1959 panhead in on trade, it wasn't a particularly pristine specimen, definitely not a show bike, I claimed it as mine and had a blast riding it. I got good at kick starting it and loved every minute of riding it.

I have looked at many used ones, but unfortunately most used ones have things I don't want, underarm drying units, (apehangers) straight pipes and ugly chrome accessories or open primaries. I once in a while come across a stock bike and seriously consider it. I don't need one though since my C14 is not going to die anytime soon, and is a great bike. In the past I have had two bikes but it is more difficult to justify at the moment. Of course today I found a Heritage Softail with a sidecar and that got my attention. I could use it to go to the airport and carry my bags and would be a good Winter bike for me. My wife just started working so I will need a second car soon. Hmmm...

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2014, 12:22:46 PM »
You don't trust us J?    :o

I trust you C, but I also trust Gumby, he added it to his and said he felt no diff at all, and we both agreed that it was never needed in the first place, he only tried it because so many folks raved about it...  :-\

Offline OregonLAN

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2014, 01:15:28 PM »
I agree with Jay. I bought a throttle tamer for my bike shortly after I bought it. Other than being a better built throttle tube, I didn't notice any difference over stock. My stock grip is still mounted to it and it's sitting in a storage bin because I have AME heated grips mounted now.

Now that I've ridden her 15K+ miles, It no longer feels "jerky" to me...

Offline Cuda

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2014, 04:52:30 PM »

The feedback I've heard from a very trusted source is it's bunk and a waste of $80...  :-\

I don't have any  problem  with the throttle as long as I'm not riding with 20 year olds on sport bikes ;) :chugbeer:
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2014, 06:10:17 PM »
I don't have any  problem  with the throttle as long as I'm not riding with 20 year olds on sport bikes ;) :chugbeer:
I kind of like riding with 20 year olds.  8)

Throttle Tamer, not a big fan I could not tell any difference. Save your $62.

Offline backoutonthehighway

• More cowbell!
    • Back Out On The Highway
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2014, 06:45:48 PM »
Welcome Master Chief!

And thank you for your service!

As someone else coming from the cruiser world (although not HD) I found the Connie way more bike than I was rider. 30k miles later I'm now thinking about reflashing the ECU. Glad I didn't to start with.

And yeah, she's top heavy, but like in a 36 D way, not a 44 DD way like some describe it. ;-)

As for the throttle and vibration, never noticed anything amiss. Happy ridding!
2011 Kawasaki Concours 14 | 2006 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan Classic | 2003 Yamaha Star 650 (Sold)

Offline rocknrod

• 2013 C14 - Blue
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2014, 11:56:18 PM »
I kind of like riding with 20 year olds.  8)

Throttle Tamer, not a big fan I could not tell any difference. Save your $62.
That'll work :)
I think their like $10 or more dollars more than that now.
Master Chief, US Navy, Retired
2013 C14 Blue, Fenda Extenda, Radiator Screen, HeliBars, Glove Box Mod, 3M paint Protector, Rostra Cruise Control, TechSpec Tank Grips, Lowering Links and Side Stand, Front lowered, Lowered center stand, Balwin Seat.