Author Topic: Has anyone tried the Brembo rotors and pads?  (Read 10368 times)

Offline rcannon409

Re: Has anyone tried the Brembo rotors and pads?
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2014, 08:06:15 AM »
This is one of the worst bikes ever to upgrade brakes on. Socks is so good, you can get by with just using some gsxr brembos. You need the REAl ones to make a difference. I knwo this guy, lets call him Rcannon408 in case his wife sees the post. He told me he tried gsxr brembos and was disappointed.

With your connections in the metal world, how about trying to duplicate this look:

http://www.advantage-net.co.jp/custom_bike/zx10rb/zx10rb04b.jpg

The calipers in the link are the real thing, huge price, but I THINK the look could be duplicated rather easily. 

Plus, if you added just  a Brembo RCS master cylinder to the stock brakes, they would be amazing.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2014, 10:47:15 AM »
This is one of the worst bikes ever to upgrade brakes on. Socks is so good, you can get by with just using some gsxr brembos. You need the REAl ones to make a difference. I knwo this guy, lets call him Rcannon408 in case his wife sees the post. He told me he tried gsxr brembos and was disappointed.

With your connections in the metal world, how about trying to duplicate this look:

http://www.advantage-net.co.jp/custom_bike/zx10rb/zx10rb04b.jpg

The calipers in the link are the real thing, huge price, but I THINK the look could be duplicated rather easily. 

Plus, if you added just  a Brembo RCS master cylinder to the stock brakes, they would be amazing.

RC, not sure if I'm understanding your post correctly, are you saying that the Connie is or isn't a good candidate for brakes upgrade?  ???

I would think that she is an ideal candidate given the weight of this boheemuth... The big girl gets moving and all that weight is needing to stop somehow... Better is better right?  :-\

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2014, 11:35:04 AM »
Give up and just give me your money! I need gas money to get to Johnson City, TN.  :chugbeer:

Stock brakes work excellent, and stop the 700# bike right NOW. Ask me how I know.  ;D

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2014, 12:37:51 PM »

RC, not sure if I'm understanding your post correctly, are you saying that the Connie is or isn't a good candidate for brakes upgrade?  ???

I would think that she is an ideal candidate given the weight of this boheemuth... The big girl gets moving and all that weight is needing to stop somehow... Better is better right?  :-\

+1

EVERY bike is a great candidate for a brake upgrade

Even bikes with Brembo's from the factory can be upgraded to professional grade instead of the generic die cast runs that come stock
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2014, 01:24:51 PM »
Brakes are for quitters.

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2014, 01:31:52 PM »

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2014, 02:50:52 PM »
The quitters with the ability to quit faster (brake later into the turns) have the best lap times too
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2014, 03:02:28 PM »

Sorry. I did a lousy job explaining my thought.  Th c14  a hard bike to upgrade because what it has is already the economical upgrade for everyone else. Many of th etrack bikes ran around here use our calipers. Also, the  older zx10 owners were taking the C14 calipers (same as zx14) and upgrading their track bikes with them. The four pad caliper was an is a serious upgrade for the pre 1008 zx10's. 

So, the next step up, for us, is the high dollar brembos. Suzuki has the gsxr brembos which will fit right on our bikes, but they might even be a downgrade. We have to spend the 1000.00 and up for the GOOD Brembos ones to improve upon anything. 

The rcs 19 master cylinder, with our stock calipers, is just abotu as good as anythign we can buy. If you did that and 320mm rotors, it woudl be awesome.

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2014, 08:56:43 AM »
One other thought..everyone I've talked to, at the track, raves about the RCS 19 master cylinder.  The one guy there who has the full brembo set-up on his gsxr (real brembo's not the suzuki ones) said the master cylinder made a larger difference than the calipers themselves.

But, for Jay, I see one problem. Can you get  a clutch lever to match your new Brembo brake lever? I know they have matching levers for cable clutches, but how about ours?

I've never met Jay, in person, but I dont see him driving 25 feet without matching levers...

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2014, 09:44:03 AM »
One other thought..everyone I've talked to, at the track, raves about the RCS 19 master cylinder.  The one guy there who has the full brembo set-up on his gsxr (real brembo's not the suzuki ones) said the master cylinder made a larger difference than the calipers themselves.

But, for Jay, I see one problem. Can you get  a clutch lever to match your new Brembo brake lever? I know they have matching levers for cable clutches, but how about ours?

I've never met Jay, in person, but I dont see him driving 25 feet without matching levers...

Yes RC, Brembo makes a clutch side lever too, my buddies ZX14 has both and they are uber smooth!  8) :thumbs:

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2014, 11:34:35 AM »
And color coordinated with his gear....  :rotflmao:

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2014, 09:17:45 PM »
And color coordinated with his gear....  :rotflmao:

:battle:

Offline Kinetic1

• I really do have the best wife EVER! 2013 Tuono
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2014, 06:17:14 AM »

So you're running them bro? It looks like they're available in both 310 and 320 mm, which one did you go with and what's the difference between the 2?  ??? :-\

They come stock on my Aprilia. But I have switched every race/ performance bike I have owned to them because they are so fantastic. If it were my money I would buy the 310mm rotors because when it comes right down to it you're not lapping Laguna you're playing. They will stop the bike with ease and they will look good doing it. I have run EBC and Galfer rotors on different things (there is currently a Galfer on my WR) and they work great. I would say no better than my Brembo's in outright performance. But there is something about Brembo componetry that is just cool.....Which is why I told you to buy them. :chugbeer:
No, really, she is the best and I can prove it...

Connie has been sold. Replaced with 2013 Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC