Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 495811 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #1480 on: December 11, 2016, 05:36:25 AM »

Well,   , Conrad,   I normally don't slow down enough to do a through exam.   Unless she's really cute.  In which case her tootsies  "should "  be well cared for.
  It was a generalization statement.   Wow,   , why am I ever responding ?     Just take your fat feet off the dash ,  ,please.
Eewww.  Lol.   G.

:)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #1481 on: December 11, 2016, 06:50:15 AM »
Here's what's been annoying the hell out of me lately.

Since I sold my TDI back to VW I've been trying to sell all my VW stuff to folks on the TDI forum.

What pisses me off is how some people express an interest in one or more of the items that I have listed. They seem ready to buy whatever it is when another person asks about said item. I tell the second person that the person ahead of them has dibs. Then the first person disappears without telling me **** about them not wanting to buy said item. I contact the second person but they have already purchased the item from someone else.

People have no common curtesy and they mostly suck!

Guess I missed this. Sorry I don't need anything to help you out Conrad.
Never tried to sell anything on the tdiClub classifieds, but I've bought a few things. (And paid for a radio once that was a scam and never recieved)
It pretty much sounds the same as Craigslist. Someone wants it. They want it now, but then they never show up or message back.
It drives me crazy. You are right. No curtesy and most of them suck.
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1482 on: July 06, 2017, 06:20:14 PM »
Sea salt....tasteless....pretentious....thyroid depriving sea salt. Go to a greasy spoon burger joint and they've got a damn sea salt grinder on the table. I grabbed a bag of 'salted' peanuts and had to get the salt shaker. I just don't see to point and I sure don't need the aggravation. Stop screwing with my salt!

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #1483 on: July 06, 2017, 10:15:39 PM »
Sea salt sprinkled on salmon before grilling is super delish.

Especially if you first marinate the salmon in a mix of 1/3rd soy sauce, 1/3rd syrup and 1/3rd rum (or whiskey. or vodka. what the hell)

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #1484 on: July 07, 2017, 06:03:12 AM »
Sea salt sprinkled on salmon before grilling is super delish.

Especially if you first marinate the salmon in a mix of 1/3rd soy sauce, 1/3rd syrup and 1/3rd rum (or whiskey. or vodka. what the hell)

That's because the soy sauce marinaid has a bunch or "real" salt in it. The whiskey, vodka (insert favorite) part makes most things more tolerable.
Salmon on the grill. Good call.
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1485 on: July 07, 2017, 06:24:05 AM »
Isn't all salt "sea salt"? Salt mines were once seas/lakes/oceans that either dried up or the land mass pushed up. I'm pretty sure NaCl is NaCl regardless of where it comes from. The differences would only be in the purification process, grind and additives such as iodine.

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #1486 on: July 07, 2017, 06:36:17 AM »
Isn't all salt "sea salt"? Salt mines were once seas/lakes/oceans that either dried up or the land mass pushed up. I'm pretty sure NaCl is NaCl regardless of where it comes from. The differences would only be in the purification process, grind and additives such as iodine.

Logically, wouldn't the saltwater get displaced when the land masses pushed up? :) If you take Himalayan salt literally that would be a mind-boggling phenomenon.
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1487 on: July 07, 2017, 08:20:08 AM »

All salt can be traced back from whence it came, the sea. The differences between one regional 'sea salt' over another is the trace mineral content. 

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1488 on: July 07, 2017, 10:20:47 AM »
Yep, that is it.

Salt (what we think of as 'table salt') is a simple compound as someone already said: Calcium Chloride, NaCl. 'Sea salt' is what is left over after the water is removed from sea water and what is left is all the stuff that is in seawater. The difference in taste is probably due to the salt being diluted with all the other material in there.

The funny thing is that "salt substitute" is usually potassium chloride, a salt.  ;D

I am with Gary on this- not a big fan of any salt or salt substitute and I just like the regular, ole', salt. One of the four basic food groups: salt, chocolate, tallow and lard. Any one of those and you have something, more than one in combination and you have something good.

Brian

All salt can be traced back from whence it came, the sea. The differences between one regional 'sea salt' over another is the trace mineral content.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1489 on: July 07, 2017, 11:30:12 AM »
" salt, chocolate, tallow and lard"

The foundation of the food pryamid.  :thumbs:

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #1490 on: July 07, 2017, 12:57:24 PM »
Salt (what we think of as 'table salt') is a simple compound as someone already said: Calcium Chloride, NaCl. 'Sea salt' is what is left over after the water is removed from sea water and what is left is all the stuff that is in seawater. The difference in taste is probably due to the salt being diluted with all the other material in there.
What might those "other materials" be? Fish and lots of other species live in the sea, reproduce in the sea, die in the sea and do other various things in the sea.
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1491 on: July 07, 2017, 01:48:42 PM »
I cannot say as this is a family forum but I believe you 'have the scent' and should be able to follow it to a successful conclusion.

Plus all the other non- organic junk (technical term for various chemical compounds, heavy metals, various poisons, etc. etc.) that is in the ocean. Basically everything that will not evaporate, such as mercury. Not much of that in a good ole' salt mine. Which is probably why anti- sea salt activists chant 'Sea salt sucks', or at least they would if they existed.

Brian

What might those "other materials" be? Fish and lots of other species live in the sea, reproduce in the sea, die in the sea and do other various things in the sea.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1492 on: July 07, 2017, 01:52:13 PM »
Yep, and that leads us to: "Hamburgers, the conerstone of nutritious breakfast".
-Jules Winnfield, 'Pulp Fiction'

I love that scene, and must assume the hamburgers (really cheeseburgers we of course find out shortly) probably have salt on them and it ain't no girly- man sea salt either.

Brian

" salt, chocolate, tallow and lard"

The foundation of the food pryamid.  :thumbs:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1493 on: July 07, 2017, 03:11:02 PM »
One of the four basic food groups: salt, chocolate, tallow and lard.

Close but not quite, it is:

Chocolate, fat, salt, and sugar
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1494 on: July 07, 2017, 03:15:55 PM »
Close but not quite, it is:

Chocolate, fat, salt, and sugar

Your both wrong:

Ale, Lager, Pilsner and IPA

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1495 on: July 07, 2017, 05:25:35 PM »
I ain't givin' up salt OR pig. We're gonna' need a bigger list of the basic food groups or you will have to call your list 'Human corrected water' to shrink it down.

Brian

Your both wrong:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1496 on: July 07, 2017, 08:27:38 PM »
Your both wrong:

I'm voting for this guy!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1497 on: July 08, 2017, 07:41:46 AM »
Your both wrong:

:thumbs:

I do love me some chocolate though, dark chocolate.

Speaking of which. I tried some new stuff recently, from Wally's.

Damn good stuff!!!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1498 on: July 08, 2017, 09:07:42 AM »
I see where snorting chocolate to get high is the latest 'thing'.   Idiots.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1499 on: July 08, 2017, 09:16:24 AM »
I see where snorting chocolate to get high is the latest 'thing'.   Idiots.

Nose candy?

Say what?!?!

Don't the almonds pose a problem?   ;)