Author Topic: Deleted  (Read 17642 times)

elp_jc

Deleted
« on: June 06, 2015, 12:33:11 PM »
Deleted.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 11:40:44 AM by elp_jc »

Offline rwnielsen

Re: Need input on best TINTED sport windscreen (other than CopperDawg)
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 03:32:46 PM »
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/
MRA vario

I really like mine

Offline texrider

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 05:51:38 PM »
Get the Copper Dawg painted in the Ebony Black choice.
2014 Valkyrie

sailor_chic

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 08:03:29 PM »
CB Euro mini in dark tint. Love mine.

Offline Gigantor

• I often regretted my speech, but never my silence.
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 10:57:17 PM »
Love my Cal-Sci

2014 Concours 14 ABS Metallic Spark Black
 Xpel Custom Bra kit, SOCALMOTOGEAR HID system, Philip Luggage Rack, Projekt D Radiator Guard, Carbon Fiber Rear Hugger, Mini Euro Sport Shield, Kaw Tour Seat, HF80/2 Horn, RG Frame Sliders, PR4

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2015, 03:37:15 AM »

I've got the CalSci tinted shorty and like the way it works for me.  Full airflow to your head and upper chest when down, and enough deflection when raised to provide decent protection.  I'm 5'11" w/ 32" inseam, and I always wear foam earplugs under a full-face helmet.

Offline mikeeitup

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2015, 08:34:36 AM »
There is one more option that never gets brought up. The Puig tinted screen. I bought it and I love it.
Mike
~Mike~
~2012 Black Connie~

Offline JoeRau

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2015, 01:27:20 PM »
Stock shield on my '12 is 13 5/16" from top of shield to the center of the top mounting hole when measured without following the curve of the shield. 

I'm a bit longer yet in the torso than you.  6' with 31" inseam... I hope to get my donor shield here soon.  I'll start cutting it down & report back what I find. 
2012 C14.  Black
COG member 10990

Offline rwnielsen

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2015, 01:44:46 PM »
I must have lost the addled remnants of my mind. My MRA is both shorter and tinted. Maybe it goes by a different name?

Offline Gigantor

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2015, 06:25:07 PM »

10-9/16" from top mount screw to top of shield

7-1/2" from top mount screw to bottom of shield

Xpel Custom Bra kit, SOCALMOTOGEAR HID system, Philip Luggage Rack, Projekt D Radiator Guard, Carbon Fiber Rear Hugger, Mini Euro Sport Shield, Kaw Tour Seat, HF80/2 Horn, RG Frame Sliders, PR4

Offline Gigantor

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2015, 11:53:12 AM »
Hey Gigantor, thank you for that photo and input. Yeah, yours is pretty much what I want in lenght. Plus being flat (not curved upward), meand windblast would be lower than stock even if the same length. What you left out in both posts is the description of your screen. Is it also the 'shorty tinted'? Yes
 If so, two more questions. Does it seem to bounce around more than stock (due to being so thin) Not at all, same as stock!

And forgot to ask everybody how prone to scratches is your tinted screen. No scratches, I keep wax on it though
. How about yours? I'm between this one and the CB 'mini euro'. Oh, and another comment I forgot: I MUCH prefer a screen that looks stock, meaning it does NOT have (or it can be removed) a logo. No Logo

That rules out the MRA, since they etch it into the screen. At least that was the case on a BMW one I bought. RWNielsen, could you please confirm that? If etched, then I won't keep looking for the one you have. Let me get back to you on this

JoeRau, thank you for that info. Seems like it's almost the same length. The one I'm curious about is from an '09, or Gen1. But since they never came in tinted version, it's just curiosity. If I'm going to buy a screen, might as well be the way I want it (tinted).

Offline Rixtrix

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2015, 02:12:28 PM »
NOT have (or it can be removed) a logo. That rules out the MRA, since they etch it into the screen. At least that was the case on a BMW one I bought. RWNielsen, could you please confirm that? If etched, then I won't keep looking for the one you have.

I have a tinted MRA also and can confirm the logo is still etched in.

Offline Gigantor

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2015, 05:00:45 PM »
No Etching on shield

Offline rwnielsen

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2015, 05:53:07 PM »
MRA has a logo, dead center. Unobtrusive but it's there

Offline clogan

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2015, 07:55:48 PM »
In warmer weather, I use a stock shield take off from an '08. Short enough for plenty of air flow to my chest, but when fully raised, would give adequate protection in rain. I love it. Only thing is, I have to wear ear plugs when riding with the short shield (unless I keep it raised).

Oops! Sorry. Just noticed you wanted info on tinted shields. Mine is not tinted, but I have read of others who tinted theirs by various means, including paint. But mine's clear. Sorry.
2010 Neptune blue C14
2009 blue KLR
2013 DRZ400

Offline Conrad

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2015, 05:06:59 AM »
Here's the Cal-Sci tinted shorty on my '08.

[smg id=414]

The shield is thinner than the stocker but the only issue that I had as a result of the thinner material is that I had to double up on the plastic washers when installing the screen.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

sailor_chic

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2015, 06:36:40 PM »
You're going to like the CB mini euro. It's a nice thick windshield, that puts the air at my chin in full down position, but the shield is also large enough for when it rains, while in the up position. Plus the dark tint is the bomb!

Offline Gigantor

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2015, 06:07:57 AM »
Decided on the CB Mini Euro folks. I want something that looks stock, and with stock quality. And the CB seems to have the edge in quality over all others, especially being even thicker than stock, instead of the much thinner alternatives that require extra washers, or some other methods to make up for that difference. The great news is I can make the screen any length I want without an extra charge, but I obviously forfeit the right to exchange it. Since I wouldn't want anything else, will order it that way, but will try to determine how shorter. I'm almost sure I'll go with 11", instead of the 12" it comes with. Reason is Gigantor, who seems to have the same torso size as me, said his CalSci shorty (10.75") still provides adequate rain protection when fully raised. I also want that. And with 2 inches shorter plus no reverse lip, I should have the wind blast low enough in my torso that turbulence doesn't hit my neck, making lots of noise inside my helmet, even with earplugs. That is my goal. Hope I can achieve that. Will not order until I can ride the bike later today, but if somebody has any suggestions as of length of the mini euro, I'd gladly consider them. If the 12" stock mini euro was to satisfy that criteria (clean wind in my helmet), then I'd order it. But rather err on the side of a bit shorter than needed than not enough. Thank you for all your help folks; greatly appreciate all of it.

Let me know how you like it. Please give actual dimensions, specially apex to apex. Additionally I would
like to know how sturdy it is at speed > 100 mph

Thank you

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2015, 06:25:37 AM »
Let me know how you like it. Please give actual dimensions, specially apex to apex. Additionally I would
like to know how sturdy it is at speed > 100 mph

Thank you
:)

Does anyone know if the tinted shield deflects more bugs than the clear since it can be seen and therefore better avoided? My clear shield is just a mess.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2015, 07:39:33 AM »
You are SO thoughtful! Those poor bugs need all the help they can get.  ::)
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....