Author Topic: Air suspension??  (Read 2126 times)

Offline madcap

• Only slightly nuts
Air suspension??
« on: May 30, 2011, 04:20:15 PM »
Quick question - does anyone know if an air suspension has been tried for the connie 14? Looks like there is a nice Arnott setup for the zx14 - http://www.customdynamics.com/arnott_air_ride.htm#Kawasaki®_Motorcycles_ (scroll down a little) but nothing out there yet for the concours... I know there would be up and down sides to doing this - I've done air before on other bikes and cars, but just wondering if anyone had any first hand knowledge to share, or if this kit in particular has been used?
Anything you say, can and will be misquoted and used against you.

2009 CR14 - Red (ish)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Air suspension??
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 05:16:15 PM »
After messing with air suspensions on the Voyager and C10, I want no part of them on this bike.  Good luck finding something that suits you, though.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Shorty Gilmore

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 05:52:57 AM »
I have used the Arnott suspension on my 08 C14 for a few years and have about 40K with it on. I installed it because I'm 5'7".  Overall I'm very satisfied with this set-up as I tried lowering it with ZX14 OEM parts and didn't like how low it was and I think I may have tried the Muzzie lowering links as well.  If your height is not an issue and you are only looking for a shock that is better than OEM I would recommend getting an aftermarket shock such as Ohlins in the same price range as the Arnott.   

Offline madcap

• Only slightly nuts
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 02:53:10 PM »
I have used the Arnott suspension on my 08 C14 for a few years and have about 40K with it on. I installed it because I'm 5'7".  Overall I'm very satisfied with this set-up as I tried lowering it with ZX14 OEM parts and didn't like how low it was and I think I may have tried the Muzzie lowering links as well.  If your height is not an issue and you are only looking for a shock that is better than OEM I would recommend getting an aftermarket shock such as Ohlins in the same price range as the Arnott.

Awesome - thanks for the reply! Any issues with installation considering it's designed for a ZX? And how does the ride quality compare to stock in the twisties? Thanks again!
Anything you say, can and will be misquoted and used against you.

2009 CR14 - Red (ish)