Author Topic: Service manual for 2011??  (Read 14656 times)

Offline Snype

Re: Service manual for 2011??
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2013, 01:22:45 PM »
I'm still looking for a 11-12 manual.. I'd prefer digital, but would talk what I can find..

Snype

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2013, 02:13:23 PM »
I'm still looking for a 11-12 manual.. I'd prefer digital, but would talk what I can find.

As previously posted:  Call your local dealer or Ron Ayers.   The part number is 99924-1431-03  There is no legal digital version.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2013, 02:48:23 PM »
Is this what you guys are looking for? It's an online .pdf version of the owner's manual.

http://www.kawasaki-techinfo.net/showOM.php?view_lang=EN&spec=US&book_no=99987-1608&lang_code=EN

I'm thinking this might be different than the service manual that you guys are looking for but I was hoping the owners manual might help also.
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2013, 03:05:56 PM »
That's the owner's manual put out by Kawasaki on their website, Ryan.  They're talking about the service manual in this thread which hasn't been put out or sanctioned by Kawasaki for public use.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2013, 05:08:22 PM »
That's the owner's manual put out by Kawasaki on their website, Ryan.  They're talking about the service manual in this thread which hasn't been put out or sanctioned by Kawasaki for public use.

Ohhh, okay. I sort of had that feeling but I figured I'd share just in case I was wrong. I'll do a bit of digging and see if I can find anything on this service manual you guys are talking about.
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2013, 04:42:02 AM »
If you find a link to an unauthorized copy of the service manual (there are some), please don't post it here.  As far as I know, Kwak does not have a digital version available for us.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2013, 03:01:06 PM »
If you find a link to an unauthorized copy of the service manual (there are some), please don't post it here.  As far as I know, Kwak does not have a digital version available for us.

Alrighty. I won't post it if it's unauthorized. I'll email my contact down at Kawasaki Corporate though and see if I can find anything out about this elusive service manual.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2013, 03:15:24 PM »
Ryan, the service manual is availible to anyone who wants to go to a dealer and buy one. What's elusive is the unauthorized digital version that mama kaw does not make availible.

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2013, 04:43:41 PM »
Ryan, the service manual is availible to anyone who wants to go to a dealer and buy one. What's elusive is the unauthorized digital version that mama kaw does not make availible.

Ahhhhh, gotcha. I think it's kinda lame that they charge for something like that. It should be readily available for anyone who wants it. After all, you already spent $15k+ on the bike itself.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2013, 07:06:17 PM »
Ahhhhh, gotcha. I think it's kinda lame that they charge for something like that. It should be readily available for anyone who wants it. After all, you already spent $15k+ on the bike itself.

Yep, most of us agree that it seems odd.  But it is their choice.  It is certainly not unusual, though.  I had to buy the factory manuals for my cars, too.... the main difference was that they provided standard PDF files, which was nice (and even on my Infiniti, it was about a third the price of the Concours manual).  Kawasaki has no such option, probably because people are quick to illegally "share" them.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Snype

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2013, 10:50:51 AM »
Still looking for the e-version.  How about a PM?  would it be ok for someone to PM me a few leads on how to track it down... of course I would never seek to do something against the law... it's purely to know what not to download

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2013, 11:12:14 AM »
Still looking for the e-version.  How about a PM?  would it be ok for someone to PM me a few leads on how to track it down... of course I would never seek to do something against the law... it's purely to know what not to download

LMAO

watch out for the internet police, angelic types, and those who don't run stop signs and never crank a bike without gloves. Wish i could help you with an e-copy for that year
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2013, 05:52:47 PM »
It's basically stealing from the manufacturer, Steve.  We don't condone posting links to unauthorized digital copies on the forum.  What one does off the forum is none of our business.

Offline x9rider

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2013, 06:25:07 PM »
So there is no pdf version for the 2010 c14 that is legal? Who needs paper these days, I have a computer in my garage for accessing tutorials and pdf versions so I can work on the bike/car with the service manual at my side.

That sucks!

PS- I just paid 500 bucks for 2 replacement pieces of my fairing which are obviously not worth that, so a fair question is "who's stealing from who?" They are called stealers for a reason.
2010 Concours 14 ABS - Blue

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2013, 06:42:55 PM »
So there is no pdf version for the 2010 c14 that is legal?

Correct

Who needs paper these days, I have a computer in my garage for accessing tutorials and pdf versions so I can work on the bike/car with the service manual at my side.  That sucks!

Yep

PS- I just paid 500 bucks for 2 replacement pieces of my fairing which are obviously not worth that, so a fair question is "who's stealing from who?" They are called stealers for a reason.

OEM parts are rarely cheap, unfortunately.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2013, 07:39:41 PM »
So there is no pdf version for the 2010 c14 that is legal? Who needs paper these days, I have a computer in my garage for accessing tutorials and pdf versions so I can work on the bike/car with the service manual at my side.

That sucks!

How bout this, elbow deep in oil, greasy fingers, etc, middle of your valve adjust,,, go punch keys on your laptop.
If you can afford that crap buy a damned manual
Or simply spend some of YOUR valuable time searching ebay and the net, and find one. Quit bitching because we won't hand it to you..... ::) ::) ::) ::)

7 posts and we owe you what.?

Want some chees with that w(h)ine.?

And another thing.... that avatar...... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
EH?

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline x9rider

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2013, 08:26:38 PM »

How bout this, elbow deep in oil, greasy fingers, etc, middle of your valve adjust,,, go punch keys on your laptop.
If you can afford that crap buy a damned manual
Or simply spend some of YOUR valuable time searching ebay and the net, and find one. Quit bitching because we won't hand it to you..... ::) ::) ::) ::)

7 posts and we owe you what.?

Want some chees with that w(h)ine.?

And another thing.... that avatar...... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
EH?

^^^ Sensitive.......

I typically use shop towels to wipe my hands before using the keyboard. I guess we know what you use to wipe yours.....

Maybe only 7 posts here, but i'm a nice guy  :)

Perhaps you should post pics of the moped you drove previously? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

2010 Concours 14 ABS - Blue

Offline Conrad

« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2013, 04:29:18 AM »
 :popcorn:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2013, 04:30:17 AM »
Gentlemen?  And Conrad, put that darn popcorn down!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2013, 04:33:31 AM »
Oh geeze! Do I have to? How about peanuts?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn