Author Topic: kawasaki tank pad set (update since my ordering the Tech Spec)  (Read 23855 times)

Offline CigarSki®

• Arena
  • Newb again?
Re: kawasaki tank pad set
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2011, 09:24:49 PM »
Lastly, it looks as if lots of ya'll have these - is there any particular reason to pay more for the snakeskin? Or the C-3?
The snakeskin and C-3 are made of thicker material. I have the high fusion on the 2010, works well and protects the contact areas.
Wayne Sikorski aka CigarSki
2010 ZG1400 - South Jersey
COG 9250

Offline Conrad

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2011, 07:27:39 AM »
Ok, I'm a little confused.
556ALPHA, you said you "have the 2010+ style on my bike as pictured", but when you go to the website, http://techspec-usa.com/products.php?cPath=1_17 all the pics I see are what looks like a 2007-2009 model. Where are the 2010 model pics? How is that model different?

And Conrad, you said the "center piece in that pic is NOT what you get", yet here, http://techspec-usa.com/product_info.php?products_id=32 , it looks as if that center tank pad is a $15.95 add-on.

Alpha's pic in post 10 above is of the 2010+ style pads. Look at the battery door cover. The pad is larger than the battery door. If he has to remove the battery door on his bike he has to unstick the pad to do it. Now look at the pic below. The pad that goes over the battery door is the same size as the door ('08 & '09 models). The 2010+ pads look better because they line up nicer. 2010+ bikes have a different battery door cover than previous models.

Take my word for it, the center piece in that pic is what comes with the kit, not the smaller one. This is similar to what you get in the kit.

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Toaster

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2011, 12:59:28 PM »
I would like to order a set for my 09. Some one said that there was a discount code.
Is this it?
 COG forum.

Thanks
Bryan

Offline Conrad

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2011, 06:54:53 AM »
I would like to order a set for my 09. Some one said that there was a discount code.
Is this it?
 COG forum.

Thanks
Bryan

I took a look over at the COG site and to me it looks like the discount has expired.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ConnerNA

• Why do they clap for the daily double?
    • BBQ Basics
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2011, 09:39:54 PM »
Ok, I'm a little confused.
556ALPHA, you said you "have the 2010+ style on my bike as pictured", but when you go to the website, http://techspec-usa.com/products.php?cPath=1_17 all the pics I see are what looks like a 2007-2009 model. Where are the 2010 model pics? How is that model different?
And Conrad, you said the "center piece in that pic is NOT what you get", yet here, http://techspec-usa.com/product_info.php?products_id=32 , it looks as if that center tank pad is a $15.95 add-on.
Lastly, it looks as if lots of ya'll have these - is there any particular reason to pay more for the snakeskin? Or the C-3?

I guess I am confused as well.....the site does not say anything about getting a center piece, it only lists the pads for the right and left. SO do you have to add the 15.95 add-on to get the center piece as well? I want center and side pads both ???

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2011, 03:54:51 AM »
I had the same question when I ordered mine so I made a phone call and asked. The center tank piece is included when you order the kit.

Offline ConnerNA

• Why do they clap for the daily double?
    • BBQ Basics
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2011, 08:16:53 AM »
Way to go pink...taking all the goose chase out of it!  ;D

I am betting they get a lot of calls because their verbiage is very confusing.

Offline RIP50AK

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2011, 10:51:26 AM »
I didn't see the center piece in the kit so I bought one with my order and now have an extra one since the kit included it.

Offline Big Iron

• Sure don't want to offend anyone...
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2011, 10:19:18 PM »
I didn't think one came with the kit either. Their description of what's included leads you to believe that you need to purchase the center piece separately....especially when it has the "add a centerpiece to your order now for only..." when you checkout.
BTW, I found the exact kits being sold on Ebay by TechSpec, but even with shipping, the prices are better ordering direct from their site.
C-14

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2011, 01:27:45 AM »
I'm trying to order from the UK representative (price is about the same, but shipping to Germany is obviously much cheaper and faster), but their site (http://www.speedycom.co.uk/shop/product.php?productid=18801&cat=632&page=1) is even more confusing than the TechSpec one...  :-\
Sent them an e-mail to clarify exactly what I should be ordering. Let's see...
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline pdlt

• Realistic about life
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2011, 05:09:19 PM »
I ordered mine on a Thursday.  Got an email on Tuesday saying my order status had changed to processing, and got another email on Thursday my order had shipped.  I was a little miffed that it took them a week to ship my order. >:(

But then again, I am not a very patient person.

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2011, 08:06:03 PM »
I ordered mine on a Thursday.  Got an email on Tuesday saying my order status had changed to processing, and got another email on Thursday my order had shipped.  I was a little miffed that it took them a week to ship my order. >:(

But then again, I am not a very patient person.

Smart phones and the Internet has spoiled us and turned every one of us into instant gratification ho's.
Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs, Oxford Heaterz grips

Offline ljcorby

• COG#: 9359
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2011, 12:19:11 PM »
Just want to comment on the post below.  I have the 2010 and got the full Techspec kit.  Just wanted to let everyone know the the pad for the battery door on the 2010 is not larger that the door itself and nothing needs to be unstuck to remove the door.  Thanks.

Alpha's pic in post 10 above is of the 2010+ style pads. Look at the battery door cover. The pad is larger than the battery door. If he has to remove the battery door on his bike he has to unstick the pad to do it. Now look at the pic below. The pad that goes over the battery door is the same size as the door ('08 & '09 models). The 2010+ pads look better because they line up nicer. 2010+ bikes have a different battery door cover than previous models.

Take my word for it, the center piece in that pic is what comes with the kit, not the smaller one. This is similar to what you get in the kit.

10 Kawi Concours 14 ABS

Offline Conrad

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2011, 01:37:58 PM »
Just want to comment on the post below.  I have the 2010 and got the full Techspec kit.  Just wanted to let everyone know the the pad for the battery door on the 2010 is not larger that the door itself and nothing needs to be unstuck to remove the door.  Thanks.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear but the pic you referenced was of a '09 and if you stick a pad kit from a '10/'11 to it the battery door pad will be larger than the door.

Offline shreveportSS

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2011, 02:44:29 PM »
Finally got my kit today. Ordered last Thursday. >:( Everything fit well and looks good. no need for pictures as it looks just like above only on a 2011 Silver Dammit.
2011 Concours 14
2011 ZX1000GBF Ninja. Died Dec. 1st, 2012
2012 ZX1000HBF Ninja.

Offline pdlt

• Realistic about life
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2011, 11:02:55 AM »
Mine came also.  Not sure what day because my wife got the mail and left it in her car.  So maybe Friday, maybe Saturday.  Either way, looks good and I'm happy with it.  I'd buy another set in a heartbeat.

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2011, 05:49:54 AM »
apparently the guys at SpeedyCom Performance (the UK distributor of TechSpec) are not so speedy when it comes to answering e-mails, but I ordered from them anyway given the good reviews of the product among you guys. Let's see when it arrives. Thanks!  8)

Offline Big Iron

• Sure don't want to offend anyone...
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2011, 10:34:41 PM »
Ordered my 2010-2011 set from TechSpec last week, received it today. Very quality product. I agree that the 2010-2011 set looks better than the 2008 set. So on my 2008, before mounting the battery-door piece, I cut it perfectly around the front edge of the battery door, then just mounted both pieces. So I get the good looks AND battery door functionality.
Thanks to all posters on this thread, I didn't even know TechSpec existed before I read this, but I knew I needed to stop the scratching on the sides of my tank.
C-14

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
Re: kawasaki tank pad set (update since my ordering the TechSpec)
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2011, 12:25:21 AM »
Well, as I said a few posts ago, based on the glowing reviews here I ordered the TechSpec the 6th of September, 22 days ago, from the UK dealer (I live in Germany, and the other option was ordering from Slovakia  :o... funny thing is, I've been to Bratislava just a couple of days before this thread started :banghead:).
Anyways, before ordering I sent an e-mail to this chaps about some confusing statement on their website regarding what to order exactly, and waited, and waited, and waited. Finally, after a week without answer I ordered anyway, hoping for the best. At least they did send a confirmation that my money was received, thank you.
A week ago, after 2 weeks waiting and no tankpads (in the meanwhile I bought the heat shields from Zteve and they made it from across the pond in 6 days; thanks Zteve!!!) I sent them an e-mail inquiring about my order. So after another week waiting, yesterday I gave them a call, in which they told me that the part is on back order from the US and it'll take a while  >:(
If somebody needs their contact data because he or she is planning to order parts from a UK business, let me know...

Offline sycamoredave

Re: kawasaki tank pad set (update since my ordering the Tech Spec)
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2011, 04:06:48 AM »
Sorry for the dumb question, but I have to ask.  ;D  The snake skin appears to have deeper cuts in the material.  Does this help in any way to mitigate the heat coming off the tank, and allow some degree of air to flow through, or better insulate?   8)

Thanks-
Dave