Author Topic: SENA SMH10  (Read 4863 times)

Offline danvforce

SENA SMH10
« on: May 29, 2011, 09:39:18 AM »
Received my Sena SNH10 duel headset this week, all I can say is I'm totally impressed. It's very easy to install, pairs up headsets easy, paired up to my Droid, now I can listen to stereo music, take phone calls,and get navagation instuctions from one sorce withour any wires. the sound quality from the speakers is great and can be controlled very easy. My wife can Pair to her own phone to call and listen to her own music, and we can communicate with the intercom. I can't believe I wait so long to purchase this farkle. I can see how any other communication intercom system can get much better.

Offline TonyR

Re: SENA SMH10
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 10:21:05 AM »
Can both of you listen to the same music?
Let's say, you pair to your GPS MP3, and the music is also streamed to your wife?

Tony

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 10:25:37 AM »
Can you get the droid to do the navi through the speakers?

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 11:07:18 AM »
Congrats Dan!  :thumbs:

I never had a helmet farkle until I got my Scala G4, now I can't imagine ever not having something like this again, very cool technology with being able to blue tooth everything to it...  :)

Oh, and by the way, that smuggler still looks really cool on your Connie brutha!  8)

Offline S.Ga.Rider

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 01:50:56 PM »
How are they with windnoise? I cant ride with my shoei without earplugs.

Offline Tactical_Mik

• Lamh laidir an Uachtar
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 01:56:04 PM »
How are they with windnoise? I cant ride with my shoei without earplugs.

I wear ear plugs under my Shoei Qwest and can hear the music fine.  Occassionaly, in really heavy cross winds I have trouble hearing it.
T.S.R.

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 09:43:12 AM »
Congrats on the purchase.   Definetely something I want to add yet this year.   So many options out there.

Offline Sea Level

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 06:57:03 PM »
I have the Sena and am very happy with it, especially the usability; the controls design is very easy to use while riding. But for some reason, I can't get it to pair up with the Zumo 660 and I'm not getting answers anywhere. It's frustrating.

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2011, 09:34:29 PM »
Sena is the absolute best!!!  I had the Scala G4 for two weeks and then replaced it with the Sena and I am so impressed with the Sena.  I would rate the Scala maybe a 4 and the Sena would get a 9.  Plus the Sena is so much less expensive as well.  Sound quality is way better, ease of use is way better on the Sena and they have optional earbud mounts if you prefer earbuds.   Not to mention the bluetooth hub they are releasing in a month or two that will allow me to have my radar (with a bluetooth dongle) play through my Sena as well as any other devices.  I just returned from a 3 day 1200 mile trip to southern Utah and the Sena performed flawlessly the entire time.  Way better then the Scala in quality, ease of use, and cost!!!

Offline 2wheeltripn

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2011, 01:57:41 PM »
Can both of you listen to the same music?
Let's say, you pair to your GPS MP3, and the music is also streamed to your wife?

Tony

No, I tried that and couldnt get music from my iphone to both headsets. If you pair to 2 devices and listen to music separately all you have to do is tap the jog dial and both will go into intercom mode.  If you ride two-up very often these things are a must, never really realized it till we got em.

Offline Bruce Prichard

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2011, 08:40:24 PM »
Hi Guys,
This unit works wonderfully well, we still use hard wiring between the "Speed Limiter" and myself. You obtain a stretch type
lead with each unit and with the assistance of a two into one adapter from our local radio supply shop we listen to the music of our choice, whether it be radio or recorded. The reproduction is Great Stereo and this is with ear plugs with all helmets.
The little two in, one out adapter would only be an inch high and sits on top of the unit, then the leads go to each helmet,
GREAT !!
Bruce

Offline TonyR

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 09:06:38 PM »
Ummm... Interesting. I am using the Chatterbox xBi now, and one thing I find good about it, is that we both can listen to the same music. I can play from the GPS, or she can stream from the phone and control the music from the back. If I don't want to listen, I can simply turn my music channel off. If we want ot listen to different music, we can also do that.
The only thing I don't like about the xBI is that it requires the push of a button to go into music mode and another push to go back to communicate with each other. It would be nicer to be listening to music and talk at the same time.

Can't have it all I guess.

Tony

No, I tried that and couldnt get music from my iphone to both headsets. If you pair to 2 devices and listen to music separately all you have to do is tap the jog dial and both will go into intercom mode.  If you ride two-up very often these things are a must, never really realized it till we got em.