Author Topic: Bear Attack  (Read 8124 times)

Offline Summit670

Re: Bear Attack
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2012, 12:35:43 PM »
I'm not sure there would have been a reflection from Bigfoot's eyes.

I've never heard of the Skunk ape.  Is that one animal?

I think the fact I didn't see any reflection off the hair indicates it may have been black bear.  Surely (yes, I'll bring her into this) I would have seen the deers body once it turned.  On the other hand, nothing in camp was disturbed and I'm sure if it was a bear it would have been back.  I think I left my Coleman propane grill in the back of the pickup which has a topper shell and the grill reaked of hamburger, as I'm sure the back of the truck did too.  I should have left the grill outside.
Arctic Cat M8 163 rules

Sleds, Dirt Bikes, ATV's, Street Bikes, Mountain Bikes.  Heck, I guess if it has handlebars I'll give it a try.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2012, 12:40:40 PM »
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2012, 01:23:09 PM »
This is one of the reasons I camp at Hampton Inns....
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2012, 01:39:40 PM »
This is one of the reasons I camp at Hampton Inns....

You do know that those covers on the beds get changed once a year whether they need it or not right?   :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline bbhzx12

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2012, 07:12:12 PM »
Interesting note I got from the Rangers on the Blue Ridge bears are attracted to food sure, and anything that smells sweet.
They strongly encourage keeping toothpaste and deodorant in bear safe containers.

Of course the whole time I'm wondering about the deodorant I'm wearing.....  Stunk for the rest of the week, and had bad breath, but no bears!

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2012, 08:43:01 PM »
Interesting note I got from the Rangers on the Blue Ridge bears are attracted to food sure, and anything that smells sweet.
They strongly encourage keeping toothpaste and deodorant in bear safe containers.

Of course the whole time I'm wondering about the deodorant I'm wearing.....  Stunk for the rest of the week, and had bad breath, but no bears!

:rotflmao: