Author Topic: nothin but clock...help  (Read 2070 times)

Offline Silver Connie

nothin but clock...help
« on: June 23, 2011, 09:54:23 AM »
my start button is bad, so i tried to bypass it by jumping from the 10 amp fuse that sits on top of the jbox to the left side stud on the relay. the starter turned over once then i lost evrything but the clock.  i can still turn the starter by using a screw driver on the relay. all the fuses are good, so im guessing something prior to that 10 amp fuse must have melted. anyone know what that circuit goes to?

Offline throb

Re: nothin but clock...help
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 06:38:14 PM »
http://rantthisspace.com/connietech/15_electrical_system/

Here's a link to wiring schematics. 
'05 Concours, SISF's 2 min jet mod and exhaust cam sprocket, snarf's block off plates, risers, SS lines, fork brace, T-Cro's stick coils & shift linkage, ZZR1200 rear shock, MS rear wheel.

Offline Leo

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 07:13:13 PM »
I can assume you didn't forget the kill switch.   This is a classic sign of a " Junction Box" failure.  There are three relays inside the box where the fuses are.  the weight of the relays and vibration tends to break the solder joints.   If the Main relay does not click in, nothing works.  Many of us have removed the Jbox, turned it over and drilled the heads off the plastic rivets, and resoldered every pin on the circuit board., plug the connectors back in and all is well.  If you are not so inclined to try to resolder it yourself, you can just replace the J Box.  I think one of our members still rebuilds them and replaces the relays with higher quality relays.  Good Luck
Yep, still riding the old one

In Indiana, missing Texas

Offline Silver Connie

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 01:29:21 PM »
jbox rebuilt by buck.  its the circuit to the starter button itself. ive taken the clamshell apart cleant all the contact points up nice n shiny, touch the two wires together for the start button and nothin. not sure where those two wires go, presumably the jbox.  maybe the jbox rebuild didnt go well?