Author Topic: I feel like I'm getting the run-around from Bucks Sport Touring  (Read 3372 times)

Offline ATC Buckeye

I sent my handlebars in to Bucks Sport Touring to have the pull-back modification completed.   His shop received the bars on August 1st according to the tracking information, and I paid him for the job on July 29th.  As of today, August 24th, I have received a total of two emails from him.   One on July 29th thanking me from my order, and one on August 15th telling me he's back from vacation and will try to get them out today.  Nothing further, no tracking info, no bars.  I've tried to call him several times now, getting nothing but an answering machine (no response to any messages I've left) and no responses to my emails.   

His website promises a 1-2 business day turn-around.   I'm a patient guy, but I think 24 days is enough.  Does anyone know how to get ahold of this guy?   If not I'm going to have to dispute the transaction via paypal.  I have done business with him before (bought the dash shelf) and everything went smoothly but I'm running out of patience here.

If anyone knows how I can get ahold of him please let me know.

Offline Squishman

• Arena
Re: I feel like I'm getting the run-around from Bucks Sport Touring
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 05:21:09 PM »
I got the cold shoulder from him too for 2 or 3 weeks when I ordered helmet lock relocaters.
After many calls and emails, I finally got a hold of him and he said he was too busy to make them. He refunded my pp account after we talked.
Woulda been nice to know that right away. You are more patient than me, waiting 24 days.
He should really put a notice on his website that orders will not go out for a while.
Todd
Eagan, MN
Photos of my 1999 Conk: http://s751.photobucket.com/home/Squishman/index
Fav farkles: custom-cut Corbin Seat, Sonic 1.2's, Sisf's righteous carb work, Yamaha ATV bars, Spoofak, Rifle Shield, Stick Coils.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 07:01:08 PM »

Offline Feo

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 07:51:57 PM »
I ordered a light bar and his Watt Saver kit from him back in June.

Ordered on a Friday, IIRC, and got an e-mail from him the next Tuesday or Wednesday with a delivery confirmation number.

I thought the bar and kit were good quality and had clear instructions.

I want a dash shelf, so I guess I'll order it soon, since I won't have time to install it for a month or more.

:)

Life gets busy for some folks.

Offline ATC Buckeye

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 09:09:46 PM »
Yeah vacation is a real pain.   If you take money, do the job. 

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 09:51:19 PM »
I have been reading a lot of complaints about him lately including about the shelf. If you ain't gonna keep one in stock then why even advertise it. Then it takes weeks to get a reply? Not for me. I have decided that I will make my own shelf. I can get a 12 x 24 inch 16 gauge piece of steel for about $25. I can bend, cut, and paint myself. I could probably even use the powder coat unit at work.

Offline ATC Buckeye

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 09:57:41 PM »
I like his shelf very much.  But I'm done with this handlebar nonsense.  If I don't hear from him tomorrow I will start the paypal dispute process.  Just how I want to spend a day off.

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 04:30:39 AM »
 WHOA WHOA WHOA - Hold up there fellas- let me say something here - Larry is a great guy, this is unlike him, I don't know what's going on but I'll try to get ahold of him today and see what's up. his "vacation" was a trip to the national. I haven't spoken to Larry for some time, but I assume he's just super busy.
   ATC BUCKEYE -  I'll cover the handlebar issue for you, at least in that I have sets of bars, and if we can't get your set back to you right away, then I'll ship you a set of mine to get you back on the road.
   Understand that I have nothing to do with Larry's business, I just hate to see this get ugly for anyone, either y'all or him. I'll try to get ahold of him today and post back up - HTH, steve

Offline ATC Buckeye

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 05:25:56 AM »
Thanks very much Steve.  I have another set of bars on my bike currently (believe me, if I had been unable to ride I would not have waited this long) but I have a 1000 mile IBA trip coming up and I want to see if his pullback bars are going to work for me before I head out on that trip.   I bought this set of bars specifically to have modded by Buck.   I'm not even sure that I'm gonna like them.

I don't mind that he went on vacation, to national or wherever the case may be, but when I emailed him on July 29th to tell him I had bars coming his way, he should have told me right then that he was leaving and wouldn't get to them right away.   He did not.  He told me "Thanks for the order!"  All I had to go on was the website promise of a 1-2 business day turnaround.   25 days with no email, call, nothing?  C'mon man.

It's all about communication.   At the very least, put a note on the website like Murph does. 

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 08:02:47 AM »
ATC = I spoke with Larry this am, no trouble getting ahold of him. He saiid your bars are done and will be shipping today, and he acknoledged that life got in the way, and he feels bad about it but it's issues out of his control. He'll be contacting you and getting the package out. HTH, steve

Offline ATC Buckeye

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 09:13:49 AM »
Good enough.  Thank you for helping out Steve. 

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 11:53:46 AM »
Hey, I don't have anything against Larry. Heck, I don't even know him. I am sure he is a good guy but I have lately been reading that more and more people are having problems with getting their stuff. One of the guys here ordered shelf and still didn't have it a month and a half later. Part of the excuse was that the shelves weren't that popular and that he would have to make one up. I still say that if you advertise it then you should always have at least one on hand. JMNSHO

Offline ATC Buckeye

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 03:55:25 PM »
I also believe him to be a good guy, and he finally emailed me today to let me know my bars are shipping today.  Cool.  A little communication goes a long way, especially when dealing with internet retailers.

Offline 2001concours

• 2001concours website
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2011, 10:13:04 AM »
Larry has always been a stand up guy for me too.

Concours accessory vendors are usually simple garage side jobs, or even a hobby. Usually a one man operation, low profits, lots of time.

Health, family, personal, primary work issues can easily destroy the the time and energy it takes to supply these parts to us.

Far as I know, even Gary Murphy, the king of customer service for our niche bike, occasionally gets the flu or needs time off.
2001 Concours with 90k miles, heavily modified.
Lots of how to images on my webshots folders
http://community.webshots.com/user/2001concours

Offline ssmith

• Concours Owners Group
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2011, 06:55:40 AM »

Concours accessory vendors are usually simple garage side jobs, or even a hobby. Usually a one man operation, low profits, lots of time.

Health, family, personal, primary work issues can easily destroy the the time and energy it takes to supply these parts to us.

Seems the internet is a double edged sword for the small guys who run a garage shop operation.  Their products fit specific niches at very reasonable prices, probably due to the low overhead. The internet connects these small shops with guys like us wanting a decent product at a decent price.   Wide spread notoriety of a good product can bring about more business than the operation expected and simple setbacks on the home front can have ill effects. This does not sit well with the typical internet shopper who wants instant gratification. On the other hand, a bit more communication probably would have settled down this issue before it got to the frustration level.

Steve Smith, COG #3184
Get your own official COG # by joining the Concours Owners Group, the premier sport-touring club for Concours enthusiasts and sport-touring riders.  Click here to learn more about club membership