Author Topic: TPMS battery replacement by Fred Harmon  (Read 15615 times)

Offline speedracersworld

• 817-821-0448
    • Speedracersworld
Re: TPMS battery replacement by Fred Harmon
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2022, 09:58:45 AM »
I haven't tried to do that but will give it a try later today.

Answer: No.  I did the 'copy & program' to a new sensor but it came up with a Failed code.  BigRed in the other thread says he got it to copy but hasn't posted the final outcome yet.

Is BigRed the other guy who is working on the NA sensors? When will your NA Sensors be available?
There's more to Life than the Mainstream Media or "Reality" TV! Question Everything!

2008 Atomic Silver C-14

Offline Freddy

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2022, 06:29:08 PM »
No - the guy is recovering from recent surgery (hip replacement I think it was).  Hopefully just a mater of a few weeks.  It's taken much longer than anticipated, sorry, due to circumstances outside my control.

The best substitute for brains is .............what?

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2022, 03:26:11 PM »
If anyone has a second generation of TPMS sensor that I can play with, I'd pay for shipping both ways. I think I may be able to get data from the sensor.
2010 C14, Shoodaben Engineering MRP Flash, Delkevic slip-on, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, highway pegs, tail tidy, AST peg lowering brackets, LED switchbacks all the way around, Bright2Wheels tail light, StompGrips, custom seat, 2015 C14 vented and blacked out windshield, Dunlop RS3s, and a Fat Ninja hat.

Offline STC14JIM

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2022, 09:57:50 AM »
BigRed:

I wonder if the newer sensors operate on 315 or 434 MhZ ?   I'm not 100% certain but my  US   '15 Triumph Trophy sensors may operate at 434 MHz.  315 seems like the dominant frequency used in the US  but some vehicles do use 434 MHz.

I bought a MAXI PAD  & some MX sensors to see if I could pick/guess  the proper protocol for my Trophy.

I may try a Mazda Aztenza 01/2016 - 12/2018  if they operate at 434 MHz.

Attached is an AUTEL US application file that might be helpful.

Please let me know if you find a proper protocol o make the AUTEL MX sensors work with the newer C-14.

Offline dbird29

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2022, 12:39:30 PM »
Autel MX One sensors will do both frequencies.
If you can't read the HEX code via the MaxiTPMS pad, you can enter the code printed on the old sensors into the Autel programming software.

I followed Big Red's instructions and replaced my dying stock ones when I changed tires this summer. Still working great!
2010 C14 Blue
2003 Buell XB9S
1982 GPz 750

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2022, 08:03:41 PM »
Please let me know if you find a proper protocol o make the AUTEL MX sensors work with the newer C-14.

I would love to, but I haven't had anyone who's taken me up on borrowing a sensor. And I don't know anyone with a newer bike that I could just mess with for a day.

I'd spend a day pinging protocols if I could. I'm sure we could find something that works.
2010 C14, Shoodaben Engineering MRP Flash, Delkevic slip-on, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, highway pegs, tail tidy, AST peg lowering brackets, LED switchbacks all the way around, Bright2Wheels tail light, StompGrips, custom seat, 2015 C14 vented and blacked out windshield, Dunlop RS3s, and a Fat Ninja hat.

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2022, 08:07:25 PM »
FYI The Mazda Atenza uses a 433/434 Continental sensor. You might also try a Merc C class 07-14 which is a Schraeder sensor.