Author Topic: emergency rear hub needed for stranded COGr in Alaska..  (Read 8359 times)

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
Re: emergency rear hub needed for stranded COGr in Alaska..
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2014, 06:29:35 PM »

I will say tho, I didn't see any upper echelon players, or officers giving a rats azz about helping this fellow out.
Food for thought.

PM ibound. after you read it, might want to do a follow up comment... Steve

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2014, 10:19:01 PM »
  PM ibound. after you read it, might want to do a follow up comment... Steve
Steve,
 that may have sounded bad, and may be misconstrued as an afront to you, it was not, I assure you... maybe because I really didn't think about your current position, or simply the fact I am so used to you being there answering and solving problems, it wasn't meant towards you.

it was moreso geared to the people empowered in the heierarchy of COG, that really dont give a crap, those that are comfy wearing thier positional badge on thier chest, and not reaching out ever, to assist someone, because they don't have time...mehh

Also, I made these comments here, because this isn't COG's website, so i can pretty much say what I want, and not get BANNED, OR WARNED, OR HAVE MY POSTS CENSORED by the forum Nazis under the guise of whatever...

I know how hard you work, both for a living, and to assist for free, all of these people with problems, I know it firsthand, because I did it also. I have a real bug up my azz about a lot of people in COG, you are not one of them.

as I sit here now, I see the most apethetic COG structure I have ever seen since I joined. And again, it ain't aimed at you, you go above and beyond.
I simply dont see the other officers and directors of COG "walking the talk..."
this isn't the place I want to soapbox about the club, so sorry for the highjack, I'll take it to the open area.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2014, 07:53:32 AM »
  Actually it's cool that you started a thread here to help get Gottaride back on the road. He had called me by phone to ask advise, and I'd have done anything within my power to help him, but that's because of my personality, not my positioning in COG. As far as my political aspirations within the club, all I ever wanted was to follow in your footsteps, so now as tech editor I'm in nirvana, with no desire for any more high paid responsibilty. (where's that sarcasm emoticon?  ::) )

As far as COG is concerned, I look at the club as a whole. different folks with different skill sets. In this case, not everyone has spare spline hubs laying around, or have even seen the thread, so they aren't going to be posting up. All it takes is on person with the part to bail you out. Without a network like COG, or a even a forum network such as this, a stranded rider is SOL. the membership handbook is exactly for that reason IMO, go on a trip, have trouble, open handbook. I assume that's.  how Gottaride contacted me in the first place. Membership does have it's perks.  :banana

I didn't take your comment personally, but I did want to counterweight it, which is why I responded. It's all good. Steve

And I'll say it again, good call on the drive hub failure, based on his description I never even considered it.

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2014, 07:17:30 PM »
Well, it's all in the hands of FedEx now.  Should be there Monday "sometime" in the morning.  Tracking # 803735464923.
Well, it almost made it.

10:00 AM     

Delivery exception     

ANCHORAGE, AK 99502 US    

Customer not available or business closed
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2014, 07:22:05 PM »
Yeah, I tried to follow up and sent gottaride a reply to his PM to me.  I got the same info:

Date/Time

Activity

-  9/08/2014  -  Monday
4:27 pm
At local FedEx facility

ANCHORAGE, AK

10:00 am
Delivery exception

ANCHORAGE, AK

Customer not available or business closed

8:40 am
On FedEx vehicle for delivery

I know how FedEx and UPS work, but man, it's hard to accept that it needs to go from Washington state, to Tennessee before it goes to Alaska.  About four times the needed distance.
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline Gottaride

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2014, 04:09:45 PM »
Hello all it's been a while since I logged in here. Thanks so much to everyone especially to MOB and Nosmo for fixing me up when the hub stripped out. Great trip despite a 6.5 day delay in Anchorage, how many BigMacs and dark roast Grandes can a guy consume??  I`m finally getting around to writing up a trip report :ooh why didn't I journal on the trip!!!

I owe a great deal to both this site and COG for all the support and knowledge shared over the years. I love my c10 but it wouldn't have been anywhere this deep if not for these two sites.  I feel a strong fraternal connection to COG and personally find open "public" axe grinding disheartening and counter productive. Enough said no response required. Being the cause but not the author of this thread I feel entitled to request that we ALL please not use this thread to deviate beyond it's original positive intent.

My sincere thanks to all.

John
1994 C-10 California model

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2014, 10:44:19 AM »
Hadn't thought about this thread in a while.  Glad you got your bike up and running and finished your trip.
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157