Author Topic: Lost one of our dogs this morning  (Read 6257 times)

Offline jim snyder

• Arena
  • I'm married but my girlfriends name is Connie
Re: Lost one of our dogs this morning
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2011, 03:54:11 PM »
Thank you to everyone for your responses. This little gal slept with me in bed for 21 years.
This was not the best Fathers Day ever, but atleast I know Tiny is not suffering and has been
restored to the chipper little rascal she was for most of her life. God truley knew what he was doing when he made the dog. Like my story said several years ago, dogs are a perfect reflection of God because dog spelled backwards is God. For those who never got to read it I have attached it below, in Tiny's honor of course.
"Somedays you're the windshield, and somedays you're the bug"
"An armed citizen is a patriot, and unarmed citizen is a victim"

http://community.webshots.com/user/kawadude

Offline mjrfd99

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2011, 04:14:15 PM »
I'm so sorry for your loss Jim.  I so wish they could outlast us.

Offline jim snyder

• Arena
  • I'm married but my girlfriends name is Connie
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2011, 09:06:30 PM »
I'm so sorry for your loss Jim.  I so wish they could outlast us.

I need to be grateful for the 21 years she was with us, but yes it would be great if they could stick around
longer.
"Somedays you're the windshield, and somedays you're the bug"
"An armed citizen is a patriot, and unarmed citizen is a victim"

http://community.webshots.com/user/kawadude

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2011, 09:19:54 PM »
So sorry Jim. Never easy.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
 All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... 

Author unknown...

Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Walker18

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2011, 10:33:35 PM »
Our condolences, Jim.. Broken hearts from love's lost are difficult to heal, but the course that you took had to be in order for Tiny to experience the least pain,
though it caused you and your wife the most. Blessed in sharing 21 wonderful years together, keeping memories for a lifetime..
COG#8443                                                  
AMA# 1088783
2012 C-14  'Rudy'

Offline yoman

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2011, 07:18:14 AM »
Some times the right thing is the hardest thing to do.

Peace
2002 Semi-naked Connie

Offline Mal

• Arena
  • There is no spoon...
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2011, 09:10:03 AM »
I'm very sorry for your loss... they sure leave a huge hole when they leave us...
`09 ZG-1400
Western Colorado

"It is not the business of government to make men virtuous or religious, or to preserve the fool from the consequences of his own folly. Government should be repressive no further than is necessary to secure liberty by protecting the equal rights of each from aggression on the part of others" —Henry George

Son of Pappy

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2011, 09:47:54 AM »
Think of all the friends awaiting your arrival, dont rush things, they are very patient.  She should be playing with Bella by now, learning to say "I luv you" in puppy speak.

Offline Bob Young

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2011, 01:07:40 PM »
 :'(
Animals have personalities that some humans could do well to emulate. We've lost dogs, cats, horses that have broken our hearts to "put down" for various reasons. Their "replacements" have never replaced them in our hearts, but have helped us heal so many times to get back into life. There are times that I can not bring myself to talk about certain pets we've had for the raw emotions they bring back.  But, then I think of all the good times we had together and that helps (sometimes).
We have an 11 1/2 year old "pound dog" that is having trouble getting up from a lying postion, can't go on horse rides or long walks. We both know what's coming and neither my wife or I want to think about it.
The RAINBOW BRIDGE
Bob Young

Offline DannyL

• PJF4x4
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2011, 08:16:06 PM »
Sorry for your loss...

She'll be joining my Daisy (Old English) Groucho & Champion (Giant Schnauzer) , They'll all be having a great time I'm sure!!

Offline zgirl

« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2011, 09:01:55 AM »
I'm so sorry to read this!  Bill and I are sending big hugs to you and Sue. 

I hate loosing our fur kids.   :'(
There are two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither of them works.
'03 Kawi ZG1000
'09 Suzuki DL650
COG #5995, AMA #724312, CDA #0117, BMW MOA 121177