Author Topic: Electronic Cruise Control on C-10?  (Read 9210 times)

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
Re: Electronic Cruise Control on C-10?
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2012, 01:43:36 PM »
Draining the tank again *&%&((^$.
You can pull the tank without draining it.  Assuming you have the factory petcock, just make sure it is on either "ON" or "RES".  I tend to put it on "RES" so I don't accidentally knock the selector to "PRIME" when I put the tank down.

Check the voltage you have at the rear brake connection according to Murph's instructions.  This is REALLY important for proper operation of the cruise control.  "Close" isn't good enough. 
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline squad404

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2012, 03:43:40 PM »
Thanks all for the suggestions. I will put them in play. Now new issues of bike lurching forward then cruise turning off. Will trouble shoot but won't waist your time with every issue.

Thanks again
Frank
1986, 30K miles.  Bought from a guy who thought fluid changes only applied to cars

Offline 2fast

• COG #6497, North Central Area Director
    • C-10 Heat Shield photos
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2012, 09:25:24 PM »
Hey 404, we gotta get you connected with the local group! We are always up for a tech session somewhere new. You ever need a hand, let us know.  Lot's of us sprinkled around town.....I'm up by White Bear and have two 86's

Brian
Brian in Minnesota
Red hair and black leather, my favorite color scheme. Richard Thompson

Need Heat Shields for the C-10? 86-93 Front Brake upgrade brackets?  I got em! Click the little green globe under my Avatar on the left.

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2012, 05:43:46 AM »
I may be talking out of my but here; couldn't a person pick up a replacement pull chain from a hardware store and implement it into the system?
404 dont worry about the wire ties, we all have had our bike looking like that at one point or another.
Now we just need to talk about those really ugly reed valves  :rotflmao:
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline squad404

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2012, 10:06:40 AM »
Thanks Snarf,

I guess I didn't know I could get the 'large' bead chain connectors at a hardware store, but you can.  Bought an extra for when I drop another one.  Got the Radio Shack relay.

2fast,
Yes please get me info on the local group.  Always looking for some one to feed beer to as THEY work on my bike and puff on a cigar.  Kidding of course; I smoke a pipe.  Ha Ha
1986, 30K miles.  Bought from a guy who thought fluid changes only applied to cars

Offline squad404

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2012, 04:11:59 PM »
Hey all,

Just another thanks for taking the time to help me out on this project.  I am elated to announce I now have working cruise control!  Could not have done it without all the help.

Next project; steering damper (at least no electronics involved).  Who's got one, where'd you get it and how much.

Ride safe!!!

Frank

Offline squad404

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2012, 05:51:34 PM »
Note to self:  When replacing drained gas tank then test riding bike, make sure to replace drained gas back into said tank.  Thanks to Outback I won't have that happen again.

:-[

Offline 2fast

• COG #6497, North Central Area Director
    • C-10 Heat Shield photos
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2012, 06:30:22 PM »

2fast,
Yes please get me info on the local group.  Always looking for some one to feed beer to as THEY work on my bike and puff on a cigar.  Kidding of course; I smoke a pipe.  Ha Ha

PM your email address to me and I will send it on to our AAD.
Brian in Minnesota
Red hair and black leather, my favorite color scheme. Richard Thompson

Need Heat Shields for the C-10? 86-93 Front Brake upgrade brackets?  I got em! Click the little green globe under my Avatar on the left.

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2012, 07:10:15 PM »
Note to self:  When replacing drained gas tank then test riding bike, make sure to replace drained gas back into said tank.  Thanks to Outback I won't have that happen again.

:-[
Nelson

Couldn't resist.   ;)

How far did you have to walk?
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline squad404

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2012, 08:18:12 PM »
That's a good one.  Only about four blocks.  A nice jogger helped me push it onto a sidewalk at the intersection.  My neighbor, who was having one on MY beers waiting for me to come back figured that becasue I didn't show, he would just go home.  Great concern.  He's the one who brought me back with the gas can.

Another note to self:  Always bring your cell phone.  I could have just called him and not had to walk.

It's been a real trip with great stories!