Author Topic: removal of right side lower fairing, how to  (Read 2591 times)

Offline kjk concours

removal of right side lower fairing, how to
« on: February 21, 2012, 06:41:43 PM »
just would like to know how the right side lower fairing comes off. thanks

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: removal of right side lower fairing, how to
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 07:07:04 PM »
One screw through the center left (and center right) at the bottom of the lower fairing into the bike's frame. One funky attachment point in the front where the two halves of the lower fairings come together. Two screws from the mid fairing down into the lower fairing- you have to take the mid fairing(s) off before you can reach those two screws and remove the lowers.

For what it is worth, I always remove both sides of the lowers as a unit and just rotate them out from under the bike. That front fastener was such a pain to remove and reinstall that I never did it again. The mid fairings and top fairing covers come off very quickly after a bit of practice so taking both sides down to get the lowers off is still easier in my opinion than just taking one side of the lowers off.

Brian

just would like to know how the right side lower fairing comes off. thanks
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com