Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 889361 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #2080 on: April 16, 2016, 07:15:28 AM »
My recommendation, for what whatever that worth. Take the bleeder all the way out and put a couple wraps of teflon tape on the threads and then reinstall. I noticed micro bubbles when doing my clutch. I did the tape and the bubbles went away.

Yep, that clutch is damn finicky! It's very easy to get air in the system, not so easy to get it out.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

sailor_chic

« Reply #2081 on: April 16, 2016, 07:28:47 AM »
.....but if I take the bleeder out won't I let air in or fluid out?

Fluid coming out is good, then you know that air isnt going in. But to answer your question, yes, fluid does leak out a little bit. I didnt have any problems with air induction when I did the tape trick.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2082 on: April 16, 2016, 08:26:44 PM »
No way! You're going to FINALLY change out that fluid?   ;)

Ug, your memory is too good.

Yes, after 5 years and 20K miles, I am considering it (it has been on my list).  My car is 7 years old and 20K miles, so I should probably think about that one too.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2083 on: April 18, 2016, 09:30:34 AM »
Ug, your memory is too good.

Yes, after 5 years and 20K miles, I am considering it (it has been on my list).  My car is 7 years old and 20K miles, so I should probably think about that one too.

You might want to ponder this a bit more, don't want to rush into anything ya know?    :)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2084 on: April 18, 2016, 10:50:36 AM »
My recommendation, for what whatever that worth. Take the bleeder all the way out and put a couple wraps of teflon tape on the threads and then reinstall. I noticed micro bubbles when doing my clutch. I did the tape and the bubbles went away.

Thank you Nicole! I was thinking of doing just that but wasn't sure. That was a big problem I think with the Mity Vac. It would leak around the threads and couldn't keep the vacuum. Now that you have done it successfully I'm confident about doing it. Will do it on all the bleeders.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2085 on: April 18, 2016, 10:53:04 AM »
.....but if I take the bleeder out won't I let air in or fluid out?

I'm going to replace all the fluid anyway so I will pump until clean fluid and zero bubbles show in the line.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2086 on: April 19, 2016, 04:47:11 AM »
I like bubbles but only in Champagne and the bath.  Changed oil/oil filter/rear drive oil.  Starting Spring maintenance but as I am part Ent, it will probably take me all Summer to get it done.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2087 on: April 19, 2016, 06:31:08 AM »
Added lowering links (non-adjustable 1") on Sunday. It's nice to be able to put my feet flat on the ground again.  :P
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2088 on: April 19, 2016, 06:41:27 AM »
Added lowering links (non-adjustable 1") on Sunday. It's nice to be able to put my feet flat on the ground again.  :P

How does that effect cornering? Did you also lower the forks? I don't really need it but wouldn't mind having a lower seat.

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2089 on: April 19, 2016, 07:22:18 AM »
I am not much of a speed merchant, especially here in the MS Delta where long, flat and straight isn't just a fact, it's a part of life, so I could tell no difference at all. Cornering at stoplights is about the biggest sweeper you'll find here.  ::)

Legs being slightly more bent than normal is about the biggest difference I can tell.

I did not raise the tubes, but when/if I do, I have a shortened side stand.

I had already gotten a slightly-lowered seat, which helped a bit, but not a lot. I have a 30" inseam and I needed both the links and the lowered seat to have both my feet on the ground. I'm envious of those tall types with the 34" inseam.
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #2090 on: April 19, 2016, 08:31:17 AM »
Rhino, I also lowered mine.
Used the Muzzy 1" lowering link in the rear.
Lowered the front end the same by raising the fork tubes.
I think it handles about the same..

Haven't experienced any drag problems. And, I have pushed the turn pretty hard.
I know it would drag a bit sooner than on a bike (not lowered), but works for me...

I know of 1 guy that lowered the rear, but not the front.
He seems happy with the bike as it is, but plans to eventually lower the front too.

Ride safe, Ted

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2091 on: April 19, 2016, 04:50:19 PM »

Make sure to lower the front the correspondingly same amount (approx 1").  Otherwise, handing will not be correct.  It is probably not critical, but you also have to realize that lowering the rear 1" only lowers your foot placement 1/2".  So why not get the full value of the lowering AND best handling too?!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2092 on: April 19, 2016, 04:57:37 PM »
Haven't experienced any drag problems. And, I have pushed the turn pretty hard.
I know it would drag a bit sooner than on a bike (not lowered), but works for me...

I have been riding 5 years without dragging and without hitting the fender.  Certainly it would have happened by now... although keep in mind I am only 150lbs.  1" seems safe.  I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND LOWERING MORE THAN 1", EVER.

Lowering thread:  http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=260.0

Offline deepseamdv

« Reply #2093 on: April 21, 2016, 10:02:49 PM »
First test ride after installing a Rostra CC and having the ECU flashed by Steve. Rostra works and wow.
BSA Gold Star, Norton Commando, Moto Guzzi V-7 Sport, Norton Commando, John Player Norton, BMW R90S, Kawasaki Z-1, Honda CB-650, 09C-14
El Mirage Record Holder A-BG 3000cc 11/83 184.049 mph

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #2094 on: April 22, 2016, 06:18:34 PM »
We are on the road today for a week  long road trip but yesterday I swapped the 09 battery into my 08 after I got a near failed start and an immobilizer error. Oddly when I changed fob batteries the immobilizer error went away but the 08 was barely starting with the old motobatt. In a ..motel now so can't look up how old but prolly 3 or 4 years. The 09 battery cured the sluggish start. This will probably be the last trip for the 08. I will be swapping the major farkles (ohlins shock and GP tweaked ZX14 forks, Laam seat, AST highway pegs and Madstad windshield brackets. The )8 will keep the Areap P slipon and PCV. The 09 will get a DEkkevic S/O and a Steve Flash. The 08 will eventually see 200,000 miles as my daily commuter and the 09 will serve many years as the Road Trip machine. 
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

sailor_chic

« Reply #2095 on: April 22, 2016, 09:53:49 PM »
I made the last payment on my bike today.  4 year loan paid in 20 months!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2096 on: April 23, 2016, 01:02:45 AM »

Congrats!  It is always better when it really belongs to you.

I paid "cash" for mine 5 years ago (same with previous two bikes)... start saving now for your next one!  (Although money costs so little and earns so little the past several years, there is almost no point in trying to avoid a loan).

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2097 on: April 23, 2016, 05:17:57 AM »

:thumbs: :banana :banana
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #2098 on: April 23, 2016, 07:08:46 AM »
:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana
Not enough bananas, Jim. Let's CELEBRATE!!!
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2099 on: April 23, 2016, 07:24:22 AM »
:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana
Not enough bananas, Jim. Let's CELEBRATE!!!

Let me introduce you to my lil friend...