Author Topic: Castrol rs racing 4t  (Read 15768 times)

Offline Racer Boy

Re: Castrol rs racing 4t
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2015, 11:10:41 AM »
Oh well, so much for asking for some intellegent reporting of some one who actually has been using the oil noted in the original posting of this thread...

I was hoping to glean some bonafide info, and that's the only reason I resurected a thread that was 4 years old....

Guess  I'll just carry on, and test it myself.... thanks. ::)

I used the Castro oil in question for the last year/3200 miles in my C14, and the engine seems to be fine. It didn't burn any oil, didn't make any weird noises (except at start up, it has a rod knock, er , timing chain tensioner noise), and the earth continued rotating in it's normal orbit.

That said, I did just change it, and filled it with Mobil 1, just to see if the shift quality changed. So far, I haven't noticed any difference, but I've hardly ridden it since then.

Offline RIP50AK

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2015, 03:33:22 PM »
I have been using the Castrol oil since my first oil change without any negative effect. Shifting seemed a little better but that could just be the bike getting broken in.

Alaska air is cool and dry everywhere except in the Southeast. Winter air works great in my dual turbo car.

voileauciel

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2015, 08:54:20 AM »
I've been running the RS 4T 10w-40 in Ziggy since the 3rd oil change. Never used a drop and shifting does not degrade even after 7500 miles of riding. Not sure if the "Racing" in the name is meant to denote competition use only, but it seems to have worked well over the past 37k miles. Never had any issues with Castrol products, so have stuck with them for years.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2015, 06:24:10 PM »
Seems like some folks can't discern thendiference between racing stability, and longevity.. and think because its "racing" earmarked, it wont last.. I can tell yo from my past, racing, and riding, I could do a crapload of damage to a clutch and  tranny, in the 24 hours race at Nelson  Ledges back in the day.. oh, we ain't talking about 4 am wrecks.. just no engine blowups... which I witnessed about 8 times... in my quad.
In 8 hours you willmdefinatly see a degradation in oil, as far as a clutch goes, when you are trying to hold a 100 Mph course avereage

Don't make me elude to the sausage creature.. from hunter s. Thompson..

Mind you, we ran straight weight Castrol products from 1975 thru 1980 in these bikes, we bought it in 55 gal drums. Because there was no BETTER oil.

With that said, I have great confidence that the "free" oil I got for my assistance to a pal, will be above.and beyound any oil ever poured into this silly bike...
We'll.see. what their synth works out as...

For literary jusice..
http://www.latexnet.org/~csmith/sausage.html

Live it.

Long live the memory, of  this man.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline FIX UR CRITTER

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2015, 07:07:24 PM »
Yes Phil that is correct. Racing oils are usually missing the detergent package that would go into a normal street vehicle oil. It would seem to be a good idea on the surface of it but regular street vehicle oil, for autos, motorcycles or industrial (and diesel) use is actually the better product for street use for exactly the reason you state.

Brian

I worked for Exxon Mobil for 10 years and never heard this,, then again i had never heard most of the stuff that most people believe about oil.. that's another story
Prevent a litter, Fix ur Critter
PLEASE neuter all your pets.. there are millions of starving strays that wish you did.
'08 C-14, '08 Bandit 1250
'08 SV650, '07 YZ250F