Author Topic: Concours 14 aftermarket TPMS replacement WORKS!  (Read 15509 times)

Offline Big Red

• Arena
Re: Concours 14 aftermarket TPMS replacement WORKS!
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2022, 05:55:35 PM »
I am very happy to report both front and rear sensors are installed and working!
2010 C14, Shoodaben Engineering MRP Flash, Delkevic slip-on, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, highway pegs, tail tidy, AST peg lowering brackets, LED switchbacks all the way around, Bright2Wheels tail light, StompGrips, custom seat, 2015 C14 vented and blacked out windshield, Dunlop RS3s, and a Fat Ninja hat.

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2022, 06:28:02 PM »
I am very happy to report both front and rear sensors are installed and working!

Like!
Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs, Oxford Heaterz grips

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2022, 07:07:36 PM »
And they report within 1-2 pounds of what my stick gauge and air compressor read. I’m super happy these work. I’ve had my bike for 14 months, and they’ve never been installed.
2010 C14, Shoodaben Engineering MRP Flash, Delkevic slip-on, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, highway pegs, tail tidy, AST peg lowering brackets, LED switchbacks all the way around, Bright2Wheels tail light, StompGrips, custom seat, 2015 C14 vented and blacked out windshield, Dunlop RS3s, and a Fat Ninja hat.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2022, 08:52:10 PM »

You need +7 psi in rear tire, and +4 in front!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2022, 09:54:54 PM »
You need +7 psi in rear tire, and +4 in front!

Better?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2022, 06:11:01 AM »
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2022, 06:21:46 AM »
What is going on with the fuel gauge?  The bottom ones are not lit.

Better?

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2022, 08:54:13 AM »
https://youtu.be/1hXQDHVXohQ

It does this. I believe the low fuel level switch is bad because my range function still works perfectly. Tried cleaning the float to no avail. And I draw the line at replacing the whole pump assembly for that nonsense.

Offline Freddy

The best substitute for brains is .............what?

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2022, 06:04:49 PM »
It’s not the float, as my range function still works. I tried that as the guy in the video said that helped him. The only other thing is the low fuel level switch. And that’s part of the fuel pump assembly.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2022, 06:16:49 AM »
OK, I misunderstood.

Yeah the blinking display is caused by a disconnect to at least part of the fuel pump, or more likely the failure of the low fuel switch. Oddly enough, I have never seen one of those fail on any motorcycle. ??  I have a bunch used fuel pumps for a C-14 but unfortunately all of them has a failed low fuel warning switch... these were test subjects while I was developing the low fuel warning eliminator. As this switch is not sold by itself, you will need a new fuel pump ass'y. The good news is that they are pretty commonly available for reasonable prices on the used market.

It’s not the float, as my range function still works. I tried that as the guy in the video said that helped him. The only other thing is the low fuel level switch. And that’s part of the fuel pump assembly.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2022, 09:29:14 AM »
I will mention my fuel gauge issue as it is different. My gauge is erratic. Often I will fill up to the very brim but the gauge will not display the top bar when I crank up. Then 10 or 20 miles down the road the top bar will appear. Later in the tank range the gauge will show empty although I know I have half a tank left. I do have Brian's low fuel eliminator.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2022, 10:36:13 AM »
To get back on track, 300 miles on the front sensor, no issues. Sensors wake up and correctly report 2 psi low compared to my other gauges every time. 2 psi is 5%, and considering that's less than what my speedo is off by, I'm perfectly fine with it. Especially since it's consistent.

Now that I'm sure these work and continue to do so, anyone who is in the Phoenix, AZ area and needs any help, hit me up. You can have your new sensors installed and bring me your old sensors or numbers and I'll slap the programming in.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2022, 11:22:12 AM »
Yeah, wrong thread- apologies.

Bob, if you copy this post into the low fuel warning eliminator thread, I can reply to it there so as not to clog up this thread anymore.

I will mention my fuel gauge issue as it is different. My gauge is erratic. Often I will fill up to the very brim but the gauge will not display the top bar when I crank up. Then 10 or 20 miles down the road the top bar will appear. Later in the tank range the gauge will show empty although I know I have half a tank left. I do have Brian's low fuel eliminator.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2022, 05:06:23 AM »
Thanks Brian....   Please no more posts on fuel related issues in this thread.  Good information but makes it harder to find unless it's in its own thread.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Bagger John

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2022, 09:10:40 AM »
Has anyone been able to identify a suitable sled (OEM) style Autel or similar non-Kawi TPMS sensor for this purpose?

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2022, 10:18:30 AM »
Has anyone been able to identify a suitable sled (OEM) style Autel or similar non-Kawi TPMS sensor for this purpose?

No. I haven't seen any TPMS sensors that have a similar style to the Kawasaki sensor. I've been running the automotive style sensors for over 600 miles without issue. The automotive sensor barely sticks out in the inside of the tire than the screw part of the Kawasaki sensor.

Offline Bagger John

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2022, 07:34:05 AM »
No. I haven't seen any TPMS sensors that have a similar style to the Kawasaki sensor. I've been running the automotive style sensors for over 600 miles without issue. The automotive sensor barely sticks out in the inside of the tire than the screw part of the Kawasaki sensor.
This was the bit I was concerned about. If it doesn't protrude farther  than rim edge, it should be rugged enough for the intended use.

Offline gp_74ms

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2022, 02:15:18 PM »
Great info! I just bought an 09 but there are just dashes for both F and R psi readings. But I have a question. When directions say to type your sensor id in when programming the Mazda sensor does that mean the Mazda sensor id # or the id # on the sensor taken out of the Concours? I'm assuming it would be the original sensor id(code) and the program then clones the Mazda Sensor to the OEM sensor?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 03:24:57 PM by gp_74ms »
2009 C14 Black, Ivan's Flash, Leo Vince Exhaust, Risers, Ohlins Rear Shock
2005 ZZR1200
1999 Valkyrie Interstate"detrunked"

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2022, 08:03:04 AM »
Your assumption is correct. In the directions there's a pic of the stickers on the sensors that have the ID number. You input that number into the program and clone it onto the mazda sensors. Then, as far as the bike is concerned, you have the same old sensors.

EDIT: On the sticker, it's the one listed as the 315MHz ID#